General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by geg
Maybe there is an opportunity to pick up some parts of the car?
I'm not familiar with American reality, so sorry if I write something stupid ... Some parts are compact, but expensive, and these are quite in demand in the used parts market.
I'm talking about the battery, wheels, dashboard, passive safety kit (airbags, control unit, belts, wiring, etc.), AC compressor, generator, starter, catalyst, radiators, etc. Some of this is easily removable, others will require the experience of a mechanic and tools. It seems to me that if you are allowed to receive all this as an owner, you will recoup some of your losses.
They won't let you pull parts because they are going to want to have as much of the car they can get to make a buck for themselves.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Will they let you get your belongings out to keep ? Usually not unless they get some $$..
I was able to get all of my things out of the car today...including my purse and wallet that I initially forgot to grab. I did snag the two cargo nets that seem to be always missing. The night of the accident they told me I could get my things later I didn't want to ask the State Trooper if I could put my mattress and bedding in his backseat. 😇 I only needed to pay the tow bill. I had help getting things out of my car. The only thing I haven't come across so far are my two pairs of Ray Bans. I still have two more boxes to go through. They could even be in the ditch when the window busted out...other items were ejected. We went by the scene of the accident but it had a couple of fresh inches of snow. If I don't have them in these boxes I may go back another time to look after it melts.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:17 PM
Platinum Member

Best is that you are 'ok'. Good you were able to get some of yer personal stuff.

Yea, that chop-top is different. Dry days only. Happy Hunting.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ronnie
I found one I would ❤LOVE❤ to have...but it's out of my budget. I just stare at it and drool. I'm thinking not many of you have seen anything like it.

This was the first pic that popped up...and I was like Wuuuut😍

Then I nearly passed out seeing the rest! 💖

a nice ride to replace your old HHR. Ronnie.

Today is a balmy 12 F degrees , so no washing or even rinsing off the BlackSwan. I did start wet sanding the Cobalt SS rims, with 320 grit. Tedious and slow , but with the lock down, I have to use what I have here in the garage. Warm water and dish soap for lubricant, I think I’ll be sanding 1 wheel at a time over a couple of days.

We do plan on a walk later today, but we will bundle up!
Old 02-11-2021, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
a nice ride to replace your old HHR. Ronnie.

Today is a balmy 12 F degrees , so no washing or even rinsing off the BlackSwan. I did start wet sanding the Cobalt SS rims, with 320 grit. Tedious and slow , but with the lock down, I have to use what I have here in the garage. Warm water and dish soap for lubricant, I think I’ll be sanding 1 wheel at a time over a couple of days.

We do plan on a walk later today, but we will bundle up!
WOW Blue I really like that ! I would really like to get another HHR and have the Truck conversion done or that convertible ! Now to win Lotto lol
on the FB HHR forum there have been several HHR Truck conversion's. Seems to be pretty common in Mexico to see one. One guy did several photos of the work, Pretty cool
Old 02-11-2021, 09:58 AM
Administrator

It wasn’t my post, just a quote from Ronnie.

We took young Willow out for a walk in a trail we walk several times a week, she loved the birds and saw her first hawk, I couldn’t get my phone out quick enough to take a photo, it’s the hawk or falcon, I posted a few weeks ago, in our garden
Old 02-11-2021, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Radco
WOW Blue I really like that ! I would really like to get another HHR and have the Truck conversion done or that convertible ! Now to win Lotto lol
on the FB HHR forum there have been several HHR Truck conversion's. Seems to be pretty common in Mexico to see one. One guy did several photos of the work, Pretty cool
The cost on that conversion is honestly beyond reasonable. I just don't have an extra $6,000.00 laying around.

I would love an HHR Panel. But they are not easy to come by it seems.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Today is a balmy 12 F degrees
​​​​​​​

My balmy 12° F feels like -1° F. 😠

The next 7 days doesn't look.any better!
Old 02-11-2021, 01:40 PM
Administrator

I do like that grille!
Old 02-11-2021, 01:58 PM
Premium Member

Gotta smoke those headlights. Depos.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?