General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2021, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
I like the bagged panel in black ,

Oof 😍
Old 02-13-2021, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Radco
Hope your feeling better
My lower back is dealing me a fit mostly at this point. Thanks for asking.
Old 02-13-2021, 09:31 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Ronnie
My lower back is dealing me a fit mostly at this point. Thanks for asking.
Ronnie- Sorry to hear about yer back hurting. Take it easy.

Yes the bagged panel looks OK..

For some reason I'm not getting any email notices from replies. So understand If I don't get back soon. I'm working on it. I get them from everywhere else. Just stopped from here.
Old 02-14-2021, 02:51 AM
geg

Indeed, the Panel is more difficult to find than LT or LS. It is especially difficult to find a Panel with low (or at least normal) mileage, usually it is used for business - high mileage and minimizes maintenance costs. I also searched for the Panel, but realized that it is almost hopeless in a time-limited environment.

Nevertheless, in the USA you can get the Panel quite easily and with minimal losses. Just buy a standard LT, replace the rear doors on this (find the rear doors from the Panel in a junkyard), remove the rear side window panes and weld the window openings with steel sheet. In addition, you will have a reason to repaint the whole car with some kind of original paint - what you love.
Of course, the interior will remain the same, but it's even better for my taste. You can also play with window openings - an occasion for technical creativity.
Old 02-14-2021, 03:08 AM
geg

In anticipation of the next weather swing, snow removal equipment arrived. It came and went - it was helpless. Had to invite a construction machine.
The excavator destroyed the packed snow layer and was able to get to the asphalt. Further it is easier - he simply raked up the formed ice plates into a heap and cleared (finally!) the road.
True, my Hippo ended up on something like a pedestal.
Well, my neighbors and I armed ourselves with shovels and worked well for an hour and a half or two. Beer and anecdotes made the process a little more fun.

And then it started to rain freezing ...
Old 02-14-2021, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by geg
In anticipation of the next weather swing, snow removal equipment arrived. It came and went - it was helpless. Had to invite a construction machine.
The excavator destroyed the packed snow layer and was able to get to the asphalt. Further it is easier - he simply raked up the formed ice plates into a heap and cleared (finally!) the road.
True, my Hippo ended up on something like a pedestal.
Well, my neighbors and I armed ourselves with shovels and worked well for an hour and a half or two. Beer and anecdotes made the process a little more fun.

And then it started to rain freezing ...
Stay safe with that nasty mess. We have had snow and it's now snowing again...not near as much as it looks like you got. I am not sure how much we are supposed to be getting today.
Old 02-14-2021, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by geg
Indeed, the Panel is more difficult to find than LT or LS. It is especially difficult to find a Panel with low (or at least normal) mileage, usually it is used for business - high mileage and minimizes maintenance costs. I also searched for the Panel, but realized that it is almost hopeless in a time-limited environment.

Nevertheless, in the USA you can get the Panel quite easily and with minimal losses. Just buy a standard LT, replace the rear doors on this (find the rear doors from the Panel in a junkyard), remove the rear side window panes and weld the window openings with steel sheet. In addition, you will have a reason to repaint the whole car with some kind of original paint - what you love.
Of course, the interior will remain the same, but it's even better for my taste. You can also play with window openings - an occasion for technical creativity.
I found a few panels rather close to me. But I felt the price was high for the mileage on them. I pulled the trigger last night on a new HHR. Stay tuned.
Old 02-14-2021, 11:17 AM
Platinum Member

We have a possible ice storm headed our way Mon/Tuesday. Needed to find a place to get my Dodge truck under cover. Decided it would be easier to move the SS from the house garage and put my truck in that place. 10 mins of moving stuff to make room for the SS in my workshop. Somewhere behind the car is a bunch of "packed" in stuff including a small tractor, 2 riding mowers and a small trailer. Now to make the dog a place in the garage with some heat.

The SS tucked away.

Old 02-14-2021, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Ronnie
I have demised that my shoulder probably took out the driver's side window...I have a decent bruise now along with the pain.
I realized I didn't share my other damages...

My jaw...😢

My shoulder 😢...

No other visible wounds/boo boos
Old 02-14-2021, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Ouchie!! Congratulations on the new to you HHR

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?