General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 09:35 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by wildherre
Gonna crawl under & check out snow drift damage.. I have some plastic floppin.
wildherre- Bummer, hope it is not bad. How's that grille holding up ?

Originally Posted by Ronnie
Last I saw it was 73° before I hopped I'm the tub to clean off the junkyard. I kicked on the a/c on my way home and was happy to know it works great!
It's funny how we have home projects and want to do auto stuff first.
Ronnie- It's about priorities.. LOL FWIW: I did my 1st of the year yard edging & trimming. Nice out 70* & sunny.

Originally Posted by Oldblue
I took a few hours this morning and installed the glass insert in our kitchen to deck door, it’s 2 inches wider but my trusty tin snips cut through the door sheet metal very easily. I decided against using a saw or grinder wheel or a cut off wheel, the door is a foam filled metal door and the sparks would have made a mess, so I thought, use the tin snips first, then the other devices if required.

The new frame now fits close to the door, the blinds are inside the glass panels
The wider glass makes a high difference, I forgot to take any before photos

I was concerned the door handle and deadbolt were gonna be in the way, they weren’t

Nice to let the light in but not direct sunlight, the glass is UV blocking tinted

We then drove to a big box home improvement store to pick up a vanity and marble sink for our new downstairs bathroom
Blue- That looks like about what I installed in our back door to the deck, the shades insides the glass is great as the sun sets on that side, cats love looking out at the birds too.
I didn't have to trim door tho, it came in a coupe different sizes & one I got was just right.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:33 AM
Premium Member

Oldblue,
Ain't got time for a fast train?
Old 03-10-2021, 08:33 AM

I took a few hours this morning and installed the glass insert in our kitchen to deck door, it’s 2 inches wider but my trusty tin snips cut through the door sheet metal very easily. I decided against using a saw or grinder wheel or a cut off wheel, the door is a foam filled metal door and the sparks would have made a mess, so I thought, use the tin snips first, then the other devices if required.

The new frame now fits close to the door, the blinds are inside the glass panels

I was concerned the door handle and deadbolt were gonna be in the way, they weren’t

Nice to let the light in but not direct sunlight, the glass is UV blocking tinted

We then drove to a big box home improvement store to pick up a vanity and marble sink for our new downstairs bathroom
Looks great! Years ago we had to gut the bathroom due to water damage. We ended up buying kitchen cabinets...they were much cheaper. Kitchen cabinets sit higher and honestly I like it better
Old 03-10-2021, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Ronnie- It's about priorities.. LOL FWIW: I did my 1st of the year yard edging & trimming. Nice out 70* & sunny.
In all honesty...I seem to put off priorities. And it's probably gonna cost me. I need to turn in paperwork to two different insurance companies so I can be reimbursed some money. I'm gonna drag my feet and be too late if I don't be careful.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:45 AM

Steve
your a man of many talents :)
Looks good, Was the door solid panels or did it have a small window ?
Old 03-10-2021, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Rich, it had a smaller 20 x 64 inch window.

Today we went for a walk with Willow, then I had to pickup our new commode, from the big box store.
Old 03-10-2021, 12:22 PM

Rich, it had a smaller 20 x 64 inch window.

Today we went for a walk with Willow, then I had to pickup our new commode, from the big box store.
Thanks Steve you did a great job on it
Old 03-10-2021, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Thank you, and now to finally build the basement bathroom, we have the vanity and basin, the commode next the shower.
I’m on the fence between copper or pen for the supply lines, hmmm .
flames while soldering or possibly failed connections with the pex , I’m pondering.
Old 03-10-2021, 04:54 PM

I always do copper...

I do not like that pex stuff. It's like using garden hose in your house.
Old 03-10-2021, 05:10 PM

Plumbing is the absolute worst! I refuse to touch it again in my house.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?