General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by fastsuv
About 6 or 7 years ago I installed these in our kitchen:

They are plastic panels about 2' x 4'.

The key to putting them up is to use the right adhesive. I used Loctite Power Grab adhesive (latex) that came in a caulk tube from Home Depot. Some adhesives will soften or attack plastics. You also want one that has enough initial tack to keep it up as soon as you push it into the bead.

Here is the guide that I used:

Good Luck!
Steve
That's really nice...love it. This company sells their own adhesive but also said ACRYLPRO...available at Home Depot is a good alternative.
Old 03-31-2021, 07:55 PM

I replaced the noise barrier/firewall insulation. I bought a used one at the salvage yard a few weeks ago...it was in much better shape!

Old one is kinda shredded looking.

This used one looks much better!

I cut and painted a piece of wood that is going to be used to mount a faux cast iron old train decor that fell off an old barn and broke. Glued it back together as well.

Went to a different salvage yard and picked up a few more things for the car. Last minute grab...

Those are my initials...and if I marry my 🤠...my intials don't change!

I did some other random errands that now leads me to getting maybe 3 hours sleep before I have to go into work.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ronnie
I cannot open my driver's door from the outside until I can get a new handle. If I was home I would run over to the salvage yard....nope I'm down at the lake. I found one salvage yard about 30 minutes away. I have no idea if they have an HHR there...I have reached out to them but no response yet.

Good times!
I got my new driver's side handle today from the salvage yard. I have put new handles on an HHR previously...so this should be a piece of cake. Though I have broken two of them. I stopped by the auto body shop earlier. My buddy owns and runs the place. He looked at what was going on and said the "fork" was missing. Do those just fall off? He thinks it's probably down in the door. He wants me to come by in the morning so he can take the door off. Well I took it off and looked and felt inside and saw nothing...I am stumped!
Old 03-31-2021, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Got the ceiling and some walls sheeted today, to bad the 4 x 10 sheets don’t fit into my HHR , I’m gonna be short 5 sheets.

The alcove for the vanity

The water supply lines done yesterday

The shower started, 4:00 quitting time!
I see you like to use the stainless steel pinch clamps on the PEX, just like I do. I prefer them to the rings that get compressed. I also like the 1/4-turn shutoffs instead of the multi-turn valves.

It's looking great!

I like to say that at the beginning of every home project, God lets us think it will take 1/4 of the time and 1/4 of the price that it ends up being, otherwise we wouldn't start it!

Steve
Old 03-31-2021, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Hmm. May not have been overfilled. Did you check the pressure ratings on the new tires ? Seen a lot of newer tires that run a higher psi than some older tires.
Style and design call for higher pressures on some.
Last set of tires I got were Coopers for my Dodge. Psi max rating is 51. The old Michelin LTX's I had (same size) were 35 psi max.
I run the Coopers at 40 psi for a better ride.
George, The PSI was below max . PSI so that is good !
But the Door Sticker on my 2011 says 30 PSI, I set them at 32 PSI
It did drive OK with the 40 PSI and I do know running to high pressure takes out the center of the tire !
But any time I had tires put on my truck or HHR they always set them higher then the car rating
Old 03-31-2021, 09:24 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Radco
George, The PSI was below max . PSI so that is good !
But the Door Sticker on my 2011 says 30 PSI, I set them at 32 PSI
It did drive OK with the 40 PSI and I do know running to high pressure takes out the center of the tire !
But any time I had tires put on my truck or HHR they always set them higher then the car rating
Yes. Because the door sticker only shows the recommended pressures for the original tires that came on the car. The door sticker may be useless info, unless you're running the same brand, style of original tires.
Tire construction has changed over the last 10 years, so depends on the type of tires you go with. 32 psi on a tire that's rated at 50 max, may be underinflated.
Old 03-31-2021, 10:13 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Got the ceiling and some walls sheeted today, to bad the 4 x 10 sheets don’t fit into my HHR , I’m gonna be short 5 sheets.

The alcove for the vanity

The water supply lines done yesterday

The shower started, 4:00 quitting time!
Blue- Shaping up nice.
I'm surprised you don't have to use Blue-board (waterproof) for shower stall. Around here I think it is code.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:29 AM
Administrator

It might be code now, but when our house was built, it wasn’t, so it will be good to go. I’m putting a waterproof system in to stop the water from getting to the wall board.

Today, back to work! More drywall.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:35 AM
Premium Member

Today, headed to the tile store to get my new backslash tile.
I already started the destruction of the old backsplash so there is no going back.
AHH. the joys of home improvements.
Almost as much fun as working on Toughie.
Old 04-01-2021, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Yes. Because the door sticker only shows the recommended pressures for the original tires that came on the car. The door sticker may be useless info, unless you're running the same brand, style of original tires.
Tire construction has changed over the last 10 years, so depends on the type of tires you go with. 32 psi on a tire that's rated at 50 max, may be underinflated.
George that make's a lot of sense !
I will check thread depth monthly, and adjust PSI depending on tire wear !
And like you said as long as I stay under Max Rating's I'll be OK
You gave this old fart something to think about lol Thanks

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?