General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Today , I worked alone, I got the shower stall finished, the wall behind the toilet and around the window done, some bulkhead work done over the door, I got the GFI receptacle wired , and figured out , I need 4 more 8 foot sheets of drywall.
thanks for the tip on the water proofing, my 22 year old shower and tub upstairs haven’t had a problem, neither has my MIL’s 59 year old tub and shower, dry as a bone. Just saying.

The shower stall

Behind the toilet wall
FASTSUV Looks great

Steve that is looking real good ! Next year I will redo my Bathroom Shower/Tub area.
The Trunk Monkey who did the bathroom before I bought the house put a complete wall over the window on the tub side :O And I am sure there is plain sheet rook behind the wall, and not the moisture resistant wall board !
The plus when I redo it I can mount extra 2x4 for support of the handy cap rails , Oh well only money lol. Hopefully my kids will get top $$$ for the house when I croak :O
Old 04-02-2021, 11:21 AM

Hole eeee! That’s going to require some attention! That’s looking great, Lonwane! Good idea to move the fridge.

Our back splash was just drywall , so I bought these plastic replica “tin” ceiling tiles and used RTV clear silicone to adhere them to the wall, they are 2’x4’ sheets so lotsa room to match up the pattern. They’ve been up there for about 15 years now!
Nice looking backsplash with the tin look.

I remember when I was a kid people were removing and throwing away real tin ceilings and the old-time bathtubs. Now people are buying replicas, and any remaining real tubs and ceilings are worth $$.

Steve
Old 04-02-2021, 01:50 PM

Hole eeee! That’s going to require some attention! That’s looking great, Lonwane! Good idea to move the fridge.

Our back splash was just drywall , so I bought these plastic replica “tin” ceiling tiles and used RTV clear silicone to adhere them to the wall, they are 2’x4’ sheets so lotsa room to match up the pattern. They’ve been up there for about 15 years now!
I absolutely love the backsplash.
Old 04-02-2021, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lonwane

This is what I'm changing to
I do like tile work as well. I'm actually an artist in my spare time. I do mosaic work.

This was one of my favorite contracted pieces.
Old 04-02-2021, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ronnie
I got my new driver's side handle today from the salvage yard. I have put new handles on an HHR previously...so this should be a piece of cake. Though I have broken two of them. I stopped by the auto body shop earlier. My buddy owns and runs the place. He looked at what was going on and said the "fork" was missing. Do those just fall off? He thinks it's probably down in the door. He wants me to come by in the morning so he can take the door off. Well I took it off and looked and felt inside and saw nothing...I am stumped!
So I took the HHR back to the body shop. It seems the handle mechanism was broke. He showed me how to remove one...so back to the salvage yard I went! I found a replacement handle. I ended up buying two interior door handles to have on hand in case another breaks. And I pulled a netting storage piece off the back of a driver's door to put on the passenger door. Thought it would be nice to have those on both sides. I did this all yesterday. It was a great day to do it too...all parts were 50% off.

I struggled for quite awhile putting the new handle mechanism in. I finally got it put back together and realized I forgot to put the clip back on the lock. At that moment I didn't care. I needed sleep and the handle was working. . I will install it properly later today or tomorrow.
Old 04-02-2021, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ronnie
Kinda cool...I would only need an "S".
Look what I found at the salvage yard 😁. I won't remove the "HHR" but will have to come up with a fun place to put them...

Even when I marry my 🤠...my initials will remain the same!

Not sure why the letters look rough in the pic...but they are in great shape. I will need to order a "C" for my 🤠 if I put his initials on there too!
Old 04-02-2021, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Today, I got all the drywall finished, I need 4 more pieces of corner bead, I’ll pick those up tomorrow morning, and get ready to start applying the joint compound.

Ceiling, done!

Bulkhead done

Alcove for vanity, done

Shower and toilet area, done, except corner bead

This area, by the shower, done! The towel rack will go on that wall, over there

Last edited by Oldblue; 04-02-2021 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-03-2021, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Thank you , Ronnie. The easiest back splash I’ve ever installed!!

Today, I drove the BlackSwan over to the hardware store, picked the corner bead I needed , realized that my compound knifes and mud through are long gone. So, I bought new ones, after I’m done a gift to my drywall guy!
I installed the corner beads, checked all screws to ensure they are below the surface and any loose ones were removed and ones through the paper , I placed a new screw beside it to ensure I caught the studs. I taped the joints, then cleaned up all the tools and put any extra materials ( 2x4 and drywall sheets) aside for next week, vacuumed the floors and got ready for Monday, I’ll apply the compound then.
Tomorrow , we are going to just hang out and have dinner together , just the 2 of us.
Old 04-05-2021, 11:51 AM
Administrator

The new dishwasher arrived at 10:25 am, I have it connected and installed, a quick interruption to the basement bathroom project

It’s an LG very quiet, only 48 decibels, we needed a new one!
Old 04-05-2021, 06:09 PM

The new dishwasher arrived at 10:25 am, I have it connected and installed, a quick interruption to the basement bathroom project

It’s an LG very quiet, only 48 decibels, we needed a new one!
Looks great! Mine is embarrassing! . My house was built in the 50s...so whoever put one in originally only used a small area under the counter. I have an 18" wide dishwasher!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?