General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 09:52 AM

I had the recall for the ignition switch at no cost and also discovered the key no longer worked in the door. I took it back and was told that the door key lock was worn and they'd have to replace it.. Just how does the door lock get worn out using the key fob to pop open the door? That was $400 to replace. I had them fix it then traded the HHR away It did have 135,000 mile on it. BTW that dealer is no longer in business, but the company that bought it is a KIA dealer. I looked at a KIA to replace the HHR, and his sales staff were idiots. I think GM needs to train their dealers service departments better.
Old 04-13-2021, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Old Lar
I had the recall for the ignition switch at no cost and also discovered the key no longer worked in the door. I took it back and was told that the door key lock was worn and they'd have to replace it.. Just how does the door lock get worn out using the key fob to pop open the door? That was $400 to replace. I had them fix it then traded the HHR away It did have 135,000 mile on it. BTW that dealer is no longer in business, but the company that bought it is a KIA dealer. I looked at a KIA to replace the HHR, and his sales staff were idiots. I think GM needs to train their dealers service departments better.
Key lock was wore out? 🙄 They must think people are idiots. Thank you for reminding me that I need to return a call from the dealership regarding my key not working in the door.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Today, I just finished a few things, started at 9:00 am worked till 3:30,

Toilet, vanity , sink installed and connected to water and drains, baseboards done, door and window trim done

Flooring done, baseboards installed

A look at the baseboard at the shower stall

More of the baseboards on the other walls

Sink and vanity installed and functional

The flooring installed, very easy to work with , it is vinyl so you just measure, square and score it with a drywall knife blade

Tomorrow the shower stall gets installed!
Old 04-13-2021, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue

The flooring installed, very easy to work with , it is vinyl so you just measure, square and score it with a drywall knife blade
Your flooring reminds me of the laminate flooring I am putting down...well my is putting down in my kitchen. I am also having it put on the upper half of the walls in my mudroom. The lower half will be corrugated metal roofing. I am hoping it looks as good as I have imagined it to be!

Old 04-13-2021, 03:53 PM
Administrator

This vinyl is water proof, I’m not sure laminate flooring is . The last laminate flooring job I did, the homeowner’s dogs ruined it in less then a month, but it was their purchase, so I didn’t have to do do that twice!
Old 04-13-2021, 04:09 PM

Today the fuel line is being replaced by a mobile mechanic. I didn't like the continual smell of leaking fuel. These guys were recommended to someone in a local group I belong to on FB....not an HHR group. I shot them a message on how much it would cost to replace the fuel line. Total price was quoted at $110.00. I hate paying for labor but that seemed beyond reasonable. The guy said it should take an hour to replace.

While he was installing the new fuel line I decided to mow the grass...the deck belt on my John Deere riding mower snapped beforeI had mowed 2 minutes. So I decided I would put these new lights in my garage so I could see better in there...the old socket broke.

These are days I question why I ever got out of bed.

It took the guy nearly 3 hours to complete the job. The price was still the same...$110.00. So even with my own set backs on my projects...I am happy the fuel line is replaced!

Old 04-13-2021, 06:19 PM
Platinum Member

This thread seems to be drifting away from the original theme of "What I did in my HHR.........................

Anyhow. I did drive the SS up to the store for some plumbing parts. Had to replace a toilet in the guest bath. After pulling the old toilet out, I found the flange was broken so had to replace that as well. And got a new supply hose too.
Now I have a new Kohler "biscuit" colored, chair height throne with the slow closing seat.
New flange in place.

I thought when I ordered "Biscuit" colored it would be a little darker. Oh well.

Old 04-13-2021, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Good, job! FMG

I’m back to driving the BlackSwan, took the mil her supper tonight and tomorrow, I’m driving Sweetie to her COVID vaccination appointment.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:17 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
This thread seems to be drifting away from the original theme of "What I did in my HHR.........................

Anyhow. I did drive the SS up to the store for some plumbing parts. Had to replace a toilet in the guest bath. After pulling the old toilet out, I found the flange was broken so had to replace that as well. And got a new supply hose too.
Now I have a new Kohler "biscuit" colored, chair height throne with the slow closing seat.

New flange in place.
I thought when I ordered "Biscuit" colored it would be a little darker. Oh well.
FMG- I was kinda thinking the same. But whatever.

Nice install job. I agree about biscuit color.. That slow closing seat is so cool tho.

I'm counting the days till the 24th, our 1st cruise show of the year..
Old 04-13-2021, 09:25 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Ronnie
Today the fuel line is being replaced by a mobile mechanic. I didn't like the continual smell of leaking fuel. These guys were recommended to someone in a local group I belong to on FB....not an HHR group. I shot them a message on how much it would cost to replace the fuel line. Total price was quoted at $110.00. I hate paying for labor but that seemed beyond reasonable. The guy said it should take an hour to replace.

While he was installing the new fuel line I decided to mow the grass...the deck belt on my John Deere riding mower snapped beforeI had mowed 2 minutes. So I decided I would put these new lights in my garage so I could see better in there...the old socket broke.

These are days I question why I ever got out of bed.

It took the guy nearly 3 hours to complete the job. The price was still the same...$110.00. So even with my own set backs on my projects...I am happy the fuel line is replaced!

I love the T5 LED tubes I have put up in my shop. 48" long, & natural white lighting. And the lighting is amazing, & it extremely easy on electric use.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?