General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 08:51 PM
Premium Member

Oldbllue,
The cabinet doors and frames are oak, so my plan is to sand them down and clear polyurathane them with a satin finish on the doors and a semi-gloss on the frames.
OR semi gloss on the doors and satin on the frames.
I tend to overthink some things.
( I have issues) I 've heard you call it OCD.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:03 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Lonwane
Oldbllue,
The cabinet doors and frames are oak, so my plan is to sand them down and clear polyurathane them with a satin finish on the doors and a semi-gloss on the frames.
OR semi gloss on the doors and satin on the frames.
I tend to overthink some things.
( I have issues) I 've heard you call it OCD.
Cool, the Oak wood will be more beautiful. I vote for semi-gloss on the doors, to be easier to keep clean. And satin on the cabinet frames..
PS: You are not alone in the overthinking dept..
Old 04-23-2021, 07:03 AM
Administrator

I think, I think to much, then I think , I thought it would be an easy project, then I think , I think way to much!! But, it all works out, then I stop thinking about that project and start thinking about the next one!
OCD , I use that term as I have to think about every little detail!

I agree with the semigloss doors idea, I think!

Today, as we are still in lock down, a wash and detail , then a cruise to take a walk for our exercise.
Old 04-23-2021, 07:43 AM
Platinum Member

Taking the SS to the local hardware store this morning. Need to get some roofing cement for my project.

My project. (Since this thread has turned into the Bob Villa hour.....)

Now I just need to figure out what type of ramp I want for the entry door.
Old 04-23-2021, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Thank you for shedding light on your project FMG. Nice storage shed! The ramp would depend on what you are storing in the shed, lawn and garden equipment? HHR SS stash of spare parts?
Old 04-23-2021, 10:41 AM
Platinum Member

The shed is for the wife to store her gardening "stuff" in and get it out of my workshop. Got a little ticked off when I was installing that new toilet last week. Couldn't get to my plumbing parts section in my shop. The wife had stacked a bunch of old fencing and posts and gardening crap in that corner of my shop. Well, the term ticked off may be an understatement.
She's out of town and may be surprised when she gets back. Especially since I didn't tell her of my construction plans. ..........
Old 04-23-2021, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Today we drove over to Sweeties Mom’s house to take her supper. Then we when for a drive thru coffee at Timmies, how can you screw up 3 black medium coffees ? Mine had sugar in it, Sweeties was a double double and her Mom’s had milk !

Rich,
Nice update to the home, windows made a huge difference in our heating bill this past winter.
your rear door actuator may just need a squirt of lube.
Steve

Thanks, The windows look nice :) and they tilt in if I want to clean them .
They are bought and paid for :)
I agree they should save fuel ,at least no drafts blowing in the house lol ,
The manufacture has been in business in Maine for over 150 years so should be good windows lol
At least now if I croak the kids can get more $$$ for my house lol. New windows, Metal Roof, Exterior doors, Upstairs redone and if lumber comes down new deck :O
Old 04-23-2021, 10:06 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
The shed is for the wife to store her gardening "stuff" in and get it out of my workshop. Got a little ticked off when I was installing that new toilet last week. Couldn't get to my plumbing parts section in my shop. The wife had stacked a bunch of old fencing and posts and gardening crap in that corner of my shop. Well, the term ticked off may be an understatement.
She's out of town and may be surprised when she gets back. Especially since I didn't tell her of my construction plans. ..........
FMG- I hear ya man. That shed looks good for her stuff, are you gonna throw any cables over it to anchor it down, for when the winds blow ?

Is it me or does the floor have a bow in the middle ?

Yes I think she may be surprised.. good or bad, too early to know. Meanwhile back to the Bob Vila hour.
Old 04-24-2021, 05:39 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by sleeper
FMG- I hear ya man. That shed looks good for her stuff, are you gonna throw any cables over it to anchor it down, for when the winds blow ?

Is it me or does the floor have a bow in the middle ?

Yes I think she may be surprised.. good or bad, too early to know. Meanwhile back to the Bob Vila hour.
Yes. Going to anchor it down.
Bow in the middle ? Nope. Spent a lot of time with a level and those blocks. Probably the phone camera gave the pic a curved look.
For a little math fun, the diagonal measurement was 151 inches to achieve square.
Old 04-24-2021, 06:42 AM
Administrator

I think it’s an optical illusion or just a shadow on the centre cement block

If there is any bow, at least it’s going to straighten out as weight is added to the floor.

151 inches equals 12.58 feet so the floor of the shed is 8 x 12. Or yea x yea! Wait! How much is a cubit? I need more coffee!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?