General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2021, 08:11 AM

I drove by the shop where my HHR is yesterday... As I drove by I looked at my rear gate and said "Well... That looks worse"

On my way back home I stopped and looked closer... "Yup... Definitely worse"

Mentioned it to the shop owner and we went out to look at it together... (remember, he took photos of the damage initially) and he's shaking his head.

We are guessing the guy showed up after the shop was closed and "fixed it" with a toilet plunger because he knows he's in trouble... It's really stretched now and kinked bad at the beltline. Makes it harder to fix properly when it comes down to that.

Thanks for making a bad thing worse, my guy... I really appreciate it.
__________________________________________________ ______________________

By the way... This "tow guy" doesn't work for the shop and this is in no way the shops fault. But they are suddenly stuck in the middle of a bad situation. Still no word on the fuel line and wiring problems... They should have gotten it into the shop later yesterday after I was there.
Old 08-27-2021, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Maybe for good customer service they will fix the fuel lines or the wiring for free or 1/2 price !

yesterday, we went for a seven hour drive through southern Ontario, had supper in Simcoe, Ontario and it was a very quiet drive!

Today we are off to Thorold, Sweetie has some shopping to do.

This morning I gave the BlackSwan a soap cannon wash , and detail then we went out for a walk .
Old 08-27-2021, 09:24 PM
Platinum Member

Greybeard- Good luck on all of that. Bummer.

Car show tomorrow, Yea !!
Old 08-28-2021, 09:46 AM
Platinum Member

Got the SS tucked away in the garage again. Playing wait-n-see on this latest hurricane. Right now it's not looking good for our neighbors in New Orleans.

I'm still not very confident in the weather folks to predict where these storms are headed. After last years "surprise" slam hit from hurricane Sally, I'll be watching this one really close.
Early on in Sally's life, it was actually predicted to hit New Orleans. Yep, the weather folks missed that by about 150 miles .
Old 08-28-2021, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Stay safe and dry , FMG ! Please check in after the storm with an update, we do worry about you!

Today just a drive in the country, then a walk and a good cup of coffee! The back home, Saturday is for me to clean the house and laundry day, Sweetie and some of her friends are going out for lunch and then shopping! The credit card really misses the Covid lock down days!
Old 08-28-2021, 10:11 PM
Platinum Member

FMG- I agree with you about weather predictions. Stay safe man.

Car show today was where I had my Panel. Good day.
Old 08-29-2021, 10:59 AM
Administrator

This morning I drove over to the cemetery to water the flowers, that darned clunk was back at every left or right turn! Now I just replaced the front hubs, the cv axles, the swaybar end links the swaybar frame bushings, the LCA’s rear bushings.
Fraustrated, I decided to just wash the car! So, after washing , I took it out to see if I could determine where this clunk is coming from!
I backed out of the driveway, full lock right turn, no clunk! I corrected to the left and drove down the street, then turned left full lock , no clunk! Straightened out and proceeded thru some more turns to get out to a stretch of country road , I did a wiggle back and forth, no clunks, after a bit, I decided to return home, peace and quiet! Then I turned full lock left to get into my driveway and clunk! It was back.
I jacked up the front, supported it in jack stands, removed both front wheels, I asked Sweetie to start the car, keep her foot on the brake pedal then slowly turn the steering wheel right then back to the left, I heard that clunk, went and got my stethoscope to listen, the top ball socket on both Swaybar end links popped while the steering wheel was turned, I used a set of vise grips to move the link back and forth while I greased the fitting for the top on both sides, I had Sweetie turn the steering wheel back and forth again , and no clunks!
It appears the new links are not greased at the factory, and that just a few pumps of grease is now enough to inject grease into the whole cavity area where the ball stud lives!
Who knew!
Sweetie, took the BlackSwan out after I reassembled the front wheels and put it back on the ground, she drove out the same route as I did and beyond to her friends farm 40 miles away, she just texted me, No Clunks, No noise!!

so wiggle those links as you pump in the grease to make those links last longer, it’s a little messy but worth the effort!
Old 08-30-2021, 04:37 PM
Administrator

We just got back from a four hour drive and lunch , clunking all the way, the grease seems to keep the end links quiet for awhile and possibly the heat then the clunking starts and gets worse as the drive goes on, this is the 3rd pair I’ve had in the BlackSwan and I’ve only owned it 2 years! I purchased from RockAuto, but they are just a reseller, it the manufacturer who should step up and address this problem.
I’ll figure it out!
Old 08-30-2021, 09:03 PM
Platinum Member

How long is the lemon law apply ?
Old 08-31-2021, 07:26 AM
Administrator

If you’re referring to the swaybar end links , I don’t think they are included in the lemon law.

Today a drive to the farm for eggs. Then we’ll go for a walk and a nice cup of coffee! Ah, last day of August!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?