General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 11:57 AM
Administrator

I’ve always kept my cars up with preventative maintenance, why wait till it breaks and causes more damage? An engine knock, brake squeal , leaking struts or shocks. Every 6 months while preparing for either Spring and summer driving , then Fall and winter, change oil, filter, clean K&N air filter, check all lights, clean and lube front brakes, clean lube and adjust rear brakes, inspect all steering components, bushings , ball joints, swaybar bushings and end links. LCA’s rear bushings. Clean and wash the body including the underside, spray underneath with rust preventative,
It’s a lot of things to do, but I’ve driven lots of miles in my HHR!
Old 10-08-2021, 08:52 AM

So far nothing done to the HHR other then taking it down to my Mechanic to scan it as the Check Engine light came on. Not a text I wanted to get from my son lol
But will be adding LED'S to the brake and reverse lights soon. Added them to my truck and I like the brighter light !
From what I have read I should use RED Leds on the Brake Light as white can bleach out the red lens some.
But will experiment with my truck, My red lights will be here today !
Old 10-08-2021, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Radco
So far nothing done to the HHR other then taking it down to my Mechanic to scan it as the Check Engine light came on. Not a text I wanted to get from my son lol
But will be adding LED'S to the brake and reverse lights soon. Added them to my truck and I like the brighter light !
From what I have read I should use RED Leds on the Brake Light as white can bleach out the red lens some.
But will experiment with my truck, My red lights will be here today !
My son's car had an issue where the red lens on the brake light started melting away and was glowing white. Apparently, this is a common issue with this particular model and had nothing to do with using the incorrect wattage bulb which I suspected. The inside of the assembly could not be repaired or replaced so I got some pricing on 2 new assemblies. ( WHOA $$) My son then says to me 'how about red LED bulbs?' Problem solved!! They look great! Red LED bulbs are an excellent choice for your HHR as well!
Old 10-08-2021, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Today, Sweetie went to see her mother, and found her in the kitchen floor, alive but not responding, paramedics suspect a stroke, we are at the hospital now waiting for test results.
I’ll keep you posted.
Sweetie called me and I headed over to her mom’s in the terrain, picked up a large nail in the right rear tire, fun wow!!
Old 10-08-2021, 12:36 PM

I hope all works out ok, prayers on the way.
Old 10-08-2021, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Thanks
Old 10-08-2021, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Today, Sweetie went to see her mother, and found her in the kitchen floor, alive but not responding, paramedics suspect a stroke, we are at the hospital now waiting for test results.
I’ll keep you posted.
Sweetie called me and I headed over to her mom’s in the terrain, picked up a large nail in the right rear tire, fun wow!!
WOW hope your Mother in law will be OK. Prayers for her
Old 10-08-2021, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by PittKrewBowling
My son's car had an issue where the red lens on the brake light started melting away and was glowing white. Apparently, this is a common issue with this particular model and had nothing to do with using the incorrect wattage bulb which I suspected. The inside of the assembly could not be repaired or replaced so I got some pricing on 2 new assemblies. ( WHOA $$) My son then says to me 'how about red LED bulbs?' Problem solved!! They look great! Red LED bulbs are an excellent choice for your HHR as well!
Thanks for the info. I have 2 RED Led coming today for my truck I will order some in RED for my HHR when ready. I heard the white LED is too bright for the Red lens so it bleachs out some red and Red is the way to go, Sounds like I am on the right track :) Thanks
Old 10-08-2021, 01:13 PM
Premium Member

Oldblue,
Praying for Sweetie and her mom.
You also
Old 10-08-2021, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Thanks, very much! CT scan confirms she’s had a stroke, she’s being transferred to another hospital

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?