General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2021, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Turbo Tech Racing is a great source for parts, Aaron is very good to deal with.
then there’s ZZP, they have LNF parts.

Im thinking a SOM , SS panel, match your other panel. Now be careful, the panels had specific instrument clusters, along with the poppers for the rear doors! And the panel door interior cards don’t fit a rear seat.

This will be fun to follow. Start a new thread about it in our Builds area, in here

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/mods-builds-77/
Old 10-18-2021, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Gee I just saw in my sig, I’ve been here 10 years and 5 days! And almost 30,000 posts! Wow! Thanks for a fun ride !
Old 10-18-2021, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Gee I just saw in my sig, I’ve been here 10 years and 5 days! And almost 30,000 posts! Wow! Thanks for a fun ride !
nice numbers! i have twenty plus thousand and almost twenty years on an offshore powerboat forum (basically where my screen name originated because i own a custom fiberglass shop where we do big custom powerboats) I gotta be honest i prefer these forum boards much more then social media like facebook and the like. I have always thought it was easier to develop a better dialog and communicate better plus it seems way easier to actually get to know people better through forum boards. Funny thing about my home forum, offshoreonly.com, when sites like FB ramped up it actually drew away almost all the rif raf **** stirrers that seemed to infiltrate over the years and now a days even though the traffic is less the content is much better.
Old 10-18-2021, 04:45 PM
Administrator

I never took to FB , the other forum I was on lost most of it’s members to FB . Glad you’re enjoying the site! It’s been great for many years and has a lot of great members! There is so much information, and our moderators are very knowledgeable about the HHR and it’s quirkiness.
Old 10-18-2021, 05:29 PM

I never took to FB , the other forum I was on lost most of it’s members to FB . Glad you’re enjoying the site! It’s been great for many years and has a lot of great members! There is so much information, and our moderators are very knowledgeable about the HHR and it’s quirkiness.
Yep. lookin forward to doing a build thread. I am going to get a head of steam going before i start posting but i got a whole LOT of questions for the membership here. I'm aware of the majority of the differences between the window car and the panel but im sure there are some subtle things i have overlooked thankfully i have a complete Panel parts car to rob stuff from. I think you mentioned the panels had something specifically different with the instrument cluster and I'm curious what that is. Trying to make this as OEM as possible and i think its worth mentioning I am not trying to build a fake for resale and its origin will always be disclosed (plus i doubt i will ever sell this one )
Old 10-18-2021, 06:33 PM
Administrator

If you move the stuff from the SS to the panel, it might be better then moving body panels fenders and doors to the SS .
Today I spent a couple of hours fixing a paint problem from yesterday.
I sanded , masked and sprayed the headlights with clear coat for plastic, it turned milky white over night.
So today I sanded all that off the lens and buffed and polished the plastic, much clearer and cleaner, I decided to try just buff and polish the passenger side headlight and it cleaned up nice, I’m just to cheap to splurge on a pair of B2E black chrome OEM headlights from RockAuto.
I took Sweetie out to the hospital today for blood tests and an X-ray , we then went for breakfast and a fine cup of coffee.
Old 10-18-2021, 06:37 PM
Premium Member

Instument cluster differences are between SS and LS/LT and in US (mph) and european (kph),
Widowed vs panel are the buttons added to 'pop' the back doors and no internal rear door locks knobs.
Oh, and the rear seats will not fit with the panel door cards installed.
Me personally, I like the AA5 option (normal rear doors but no cargo windows)
Old 10-18-2021, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Hmm, maybe it’s just me but your SS might be a clone!

Chrome door handles beauty bar and mirrors? Exhaust tip?

Should be painted body colour on a real SS , what’s under that hood!
Old 10-18-2021, 07:50 PM
Platinum Member

Long ago, folks at our Cruise in Show, said they never saw any like mine, but saw ones w/windows.. I told them windows were an option, & I couldn't afford them.. LOL
Old 10-18-2021, 08:31 PM

Hmm, maybe it’s just me but your SS might be a clone!

Chrome door handles beauty bar and mirrors? Exhaust tip?

Should be painted body colour on a real SS , what’s under that hood!
if its a clone they did one heck of a thurough job. Its a turbo 2.0 and everything certainly looks right and she goes like all heck. Is there anything in the vin that would tell?

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?