General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2021, 02:27 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Being that you are a new member here, are you aware of the "unique" LCA's for the SS models ? I hope you are and ordered the correct ones.
Anyhow. Here's some info from the sites Common Parts List:
Lower Control Arm - SS models ONLY (FE5 suspension)
IMPORTANT: they are only available thru GM - No after-market suppliers make a compatible part at this time, even though they may say the parts they have are for all HHR's
- GM - P/N: 25930724 - Right
- GM - P/N: 25930725 - Left
(note: Do NOT substitute a FE1 or FE3 LCA - the ball joint stub on them is 20MM and is not compatible with the spindle on a FE5/SS which is 20.5MM)
I really appreciate your taking the time to explain it.

Fortunately, I’ve been reading threads on replacing LCAs on the SS. You guys are chock full of useful knowledge of these little beasts.

To ease your mind, those are the part numbers and GM branding on the orders.
Old 11-16-2021, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Matz
I really appreciate your taking the time to explain it.

Fortunately, I’ve been reading threads on replacing LCAs on the SS. You guys are chock full of useful knowledge of these little beasts.

To ease your mind, those are the part numbers and GM branding on the orders.
Don't forget to use the ChevyHHR discount when you use RockAuto.
Old 11-16-2021, 02:37 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Cheap Guy
Don't forget to use the ChevyHHR discount when you use RockAuto.
Yup, got that too. Every little bit…
Old 11-16-2021, 03:33 PM
Premium Member

And now they are install.

Old 11-16-2021, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Very cool! Betcha you’re gonna get asked a lot of times, we’re did you get those rims?
Old 11-16-2021, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Lonwane
And now they are install.
Looks awesome! Welcome to the HHR-Saab Wheel Club!
Old 11-16-2021, 06:37 PM

A Little Bass

You folks got me motivated today. Decided to drop a few dollars on a little bass! Just got to tidy up the wires.

Old 11-16-2021, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Very nice,……I SAID,…….VERY NICE!!!

My 2 HHR’s were factory equipped with the Pioneer upgraded speaker system. I wonder what a new set of speakers and a new subwoofer would do for the sound system? Everything works fine, so I’m not going to find out anytime soon!
I see your console cubby did one with the rubber insert either. A parts yard trip item for sure !
Old 11-16-2021, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Very nice,……I SAID,…….VERY NICE!!!

My 2 HHR’s were factory equipped with the Pioneer upgraded speaker system. I wonder what a new set of speakers and a new subwoofer would do for the sound system? Everything works fine, so I’m not going to find out anytime soon!
I see your console cubby did one with the rubber insert either. A parts yard trip item for sure !
Thanks! Yeah, it was a misfire on mounting the USB when I put the aftermarket radio in - measure once, drill twice, lol.

My daughter had the Pioneer upgraded speakers in her old Cobalt and I really liked it - if it was in my car, I wouldn't have done this - but I have the really base model and the speakers were blown when I got it. I looked at the tossing a stock Pioneer sub in there but those are expensive on eBay and probably not as good as this.

EDIT: Ohhhh. I see what you were referring to now - the plug at the bottom is actually the USB connector for the radio that has a waterproof cover in case something gets spilled. I have a Pioneer with wireless CarPlay so I rarely use the USB. I thought you were referring to the hole on the back side of the tray next to the bass knob I covered with rubber chair slide, lol.

Last edited by Cheap Guy; 11-16-2021 at 08:14 PM.
Old 11-16-2021, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cheap Guy
I looked at the tossing a stock Pioneer sub in there but those are expensive on eBay and probably not as good as this.
Also could have been more work than you bargained for. I got a factory sub/amp assembly and grille from a yard, did not use the amp, would have involved pulling the whole special harness and installing in my car. All the other speakers are fed by that amp.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?