General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2021, 12:02 PM
Premium Member

Painted caliper brackets.

Will get new hardware and installed this weekend.
IF the weather holds out.
Old 11-30-2021, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by fastsuv
I have swapped at least 6 pairs of headlights in my HHRs.

It takes about an hour (maybe 2 the first time you do it). Basically, remove the bumper cover and then a couple of screws per headlight assembly.

The only tricky part is to release the clips holding the bumper to the front fender (I think there are 3 or 4 on each side) without scratching the paint on the fender or bumper cover. Using a flashlight, look into the small gap between the fender and bumper to find the tab that you have to press down to release the clip.

Steve
When I had to take one of my headlights out, I wish I had put blue tape on the fender/bumper seam. Also, panel tools are the best way to go instead of screwdrivers to remove the fasteners. I bet I could take my bumper of now in about a half hour, lol.
Old 11-30-2021, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by fastsuv
I have swapped at least 6 pairs of headlights in my HHRs.

It takes about an hour (maybe 2 the first time you do it). Basically, remove the bumper cover and then a couple of screws per headlight assembly.

The only tricky part is to release the clips holding the bumper to the front fender (I think there are 3 or 4 on each side) without scratching the paint on the fender or bumper cover. Using a flashlight, look into the small gap between the fender and bumper to find the tab that you have to press down to release the clip.

Steve
Steve Thanks for the info. My light a a bit foggy. I will try again to clear them up , but the price of new headlights is not too bad :) Right now 20* Snow and no garage so no changing lights now lol
Old 11-30-2021, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cheap Guy
When I had to take one of my headlights out, I wish I had put blue tape on the fender/bumper seam. Also, panel tools are the best way to go instead of screwdrivers to remove the fasteners. I bet I could take my bumper of now in about a half hour, lol.
I should have noted what I use to release the tabs.

I take a flat-blade screwdriver that fits the tabs correctly, put heat shrink over the last inch or two( at the blade), and then shrink it tight against the screwdriver. This forms a tight plastic coating over the screwdriver to prevent scratches, but retains the metal screwdriver for rigidity.

Steve
Old 11-30-2021, 07:53 PM
Platinum Member

Drove mine downtown to pick up some Christmas stuff.. Bout 100 miles round trip.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:04 PM

Now I remember why I purchased the HHR. Drove to the big box home improvement store to purchase some 8 feet lengths of lumber. Folded the front and rear passenger seats flat, stacked the lumber in the back, closed the rear hatch and away I went. Easy Peasy! I could never do that with my "other car."
Old 12-01-2021, 09:11 AM
Premium Member

Well the gold paint was just that. Too gold.
Dusted the brackets with high temp silver and color matched 'SISU' almot perfectly.
Thanks Bob Ross.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by RedRydr
Now I remember why I purchased the HHR. Drove to the big box home improvement store to purchase some 8 feet lengths of lumber. Folded the front and rear passenger seats flat, stacked the lumber in the back, closed the rear hatch and away I went. Easy Peasy! I could never do that with my "other car."
These things are great, aren't they? Can't wait to shove my Christmas tree in it instead of my other vehicle where I'll be digging out needles for months!
Old 12-01-2021, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by RedRydr
For a little car it can hold a lot :).. I have done the same thing as well. I add a rag or blanket for things to rest on where the item hits !
Old 12-01-2021, 09:21 AM

We are having a heat wave today, Temps to hit 40s :) So will WASH the HHR and my Truck, I
nstall he new seat covers in my truck.
I found they still make seat covers for the HHR, I have a cheapo set on now , Does the job but look crappy lol
So I will add them to my list of things for the HHR after I get the radio issue fixed,
I am thinking new radio with blue tooth so I can connect my phone ! And Speakers as well! SO will see ,

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?