General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2021, 06:09 PM

Had an exciting ride today, going to work with a bit of the 'White Fungus" on the ground and of course the city decided to just let it melt instead of clearing the roads... i ended up missing a right hand turn and plowed over a sign. It hit right on the pusher pad of the front bumper, and laid down flat (sort of) after all the bouncing around, i ended up back on the road and everything seemed ok.. i noticed a bit of a wobble and figured a tire lost some air. I made it to a quick trip fuel station and of course their air pump wasn't working. I then noticed a 3 inch gash on the sidewall of the left rear tire. No sense adding air as it wouldn't stay in there. I pulled out the mini spare, and Yup, no jack or tire wrench. Don't you love getting a car?? I ended up limping to work, about 2 miles slowly and the tire never came off the bead. at work I picked up a jack and an impact wrench (battery powered) and got the mini spare in place. Should be an interesting ride home at 11PM...I guess I'll be driving the Land Rover until I get the tire replaced. Luckily I wasn't going too fast, about 15 mph when I slid around the corner, traction control and ABS brakes don't work in 3 inches of snow with ice underneath.

Got a little bit of damage to the bumper but not enough to notice unless you know it is there.
Old 12-07-2021, 06:21 PM
Administrator

A harrowing experience, for sure. Glad you’re ok and you got the tire changed.

Today we went on a drive , met up with some friends, and enjoyed the ride home for a hot cup of chocolate and gingerbread cookies.
t was 28 degrees this morning and 46 degrees this afternoon, very windy but warm.
Old 12-07-2021, 07:22 PM
Premium Member

Drove down to the county pound and picked a new best buddy.
He ws a stray found roaming the streets with a couple of other dogs.
When I met with him he was a shaking scared puppy,but, I can change that.
It took a while but he finally warmed up to me.
He does need a bath and a haircut. Named him "Two"

Old 12-07-2021, 09:37 PM
Premium Member

Got a new windshield installed in the HHR. Had a crack moving across middle of windshield from a rock that fell off a dump truck. Maybe the wife as learned a lesson about driving too close to trucks.
Old 12-07-2021, 10:07 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jimvw
Had an exciting ride today, going to work with a bit of the 'White Fungus" on the ground and of course the city decided to just let it melt instead of clearing the roads... i ended up missing a right hand turn and plowed over a sign. It hit right on the pusher pad of the front bumper, and laid down flat (sort of) after all the bouncing around, i ended up back on the road and everything seemed ok.. i noticed a bit of a wobble and figured a tire lost some air. I made it to a quick trip fuel station and of course their air pump wasn't working. I then noticed a 3 inch gash on the sidewall of the left rear tire. No sense adding air as it wouldn't stay in there. I pulled out the mini spare, and Yup, no jack or tire wrench. Don't you love getting a car?? I ended up limping to work, about 2 miles slowly and the tire never came off the bead. at work I picked up a jack and an impact wrench (battery powered) and got the mini spare in place. Should be an interesting ride home at 11PM...I guess I'll be driving the Land Rover until I get the tire replaced. Luckily I wasn't going too fast, about 15 mph when I slid around the corner, traction control and ABS brakes don't work in 3 inches of snow with ice underneath.

Got a little bit of damage to the bumper but not enough to notice unless you know it is there.
jimvw;918467- You lucked out. Good you weren't hurt. Besides my spare tire & OE jack & wrench, I also carry a small air compressor, it plugs in the power outlet (formerly called a cig lighter) .

Originally Posted by Lonwane
Drove down to the county pound and picked a new best buddy.
He ws a stray found roaming the streets with a couple of other dogs.
When I met with him he was a shaking scared puppy,but, I can change that.
It took a while but he finally warmed up to me.
He does need a bath and a haircut. Named him "Two"
Lonwane- So cool Congrats. we adopt from rescue centers. They need a new home the most, imo. I love watching them realize they now have it made, & get & give lots of love

Originally Posted by J W Davis
Got a new windshield installed in the HHR. Had a crack moving across middle of windshield from a rock that fell off a dump truck. Maybe the wife as learned a lesson about driving too close to trucks.
J W- That would be a lesson learned. I had a new windshield put in mine, day after I got it home, back in 2009. Lucked out they got one from PPG & had the fade tint on top.
Old 12-08-2021, 10:04 AM
Premium Member

This new glass has that tint on top, identical to the OEM.
Old 12-08-2021, 11:49 AM
Administrator

Today we are just cruising around town in the BlackSwan, groceries and supplies for the upcoming holiday season!

Lonwane , nice puppy dog!

JW, good thing you got the windshield replaced!
Old 12-08-2021, 02:40 PM

Got the radio put back in and steering wheel controls fully programmed - loving it! Haven't had a car without at least basic steering wheel controls in decades!

Old 12-08-2021, 06:14 PM
Premium Member

I had forgotten what it looked like through the front glass when it was a new car in late 2007.
Old 12-08-2021, 10:40 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by J W Davis
This new glass has that tint on top, identical to the OEM.
Interesting my OEM one didn't.. That's why I was jazzed to get it. Saved me from tinting the top...

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?