General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Radco
Morning all. The day is starting off better .. My son is doing better !
Temps are a warm 27*f , I can not wait till the spring to change those speakers lol will order them next month !
Have a good day !
Glad your son is doing better. It's tough seeing kids not feeling well, especially during the holidays.

FWIW, if you have a garage with a dry floor and a small electric space heater, the speakers are pretty easy to replace and you can replace them one door at a time with the heater facing you. I've had to do work like that before and while it wasn't fun, it was doable. Just don't burn down your garage or melt your polyester pants if you happen to wear them, lol.
Old 12-29-2021, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cheap Guy
Glad your son is doing better. It's tough seeing kids not feeling well, especially during the holidays.

FWIW, if you have a garage with a dry floor and a small electric space heater, the speakers are pretty easy to replace and you can replace them one door at a time with the heater facing you. I've had to do work like that before and while it wasn't fun, it was doable. Just don't burn down your garage or melt your polyester pants if you happen to wear them, lol.
LOL No garage at my place yet . But do have a couple garages at some friends . But not heated ..!
Just trying to figure out what speakers I want ! 3 way or basic 2 way ! The prices are close .
I do not listen to a lot of music so super high end is not needed, Even if I ever change the head unit on my HHR or truck !
Between the help here and the links I was given here plus You Tube install look pretty easy , and I have the trim tools as well :)

Great advice we get here
Old 12-29-2021, 04:32 PM

the last couple weeks of the year are some of the busiest in car rental (Xmas and NY)., we've been going nonstop...
I bought my glass vendor guys a box of donuts yesterday (I've been ordering 15-30 windshields a day, and they've been banging them out)
I had them go get them out of my car so they guys in my shop wouldn't see them and get jealous...
he was so upset that I had a broken windshield and had never said anything about it
I hadn't planned to, there's so much construction around here, it's been hit and chipped like x8 since I bought it, the last of which was a big one that ended up cracking in the heat of the day, but it was on the passenger side so I just left it

this morning he came in and demanded my keys... and they swapped out my windshield on the house
Old 12-29-2021, 06:18 PM
Administrator

Nice!

Today a trip to the store to get provisions and treats for New Years Eve.
Old 12-29-2021, 06:19 PM

Coming soon...

Just need a 40 degree day...

Going to see if this little bitty thing makes a difference. If not, at least I'll have it prewired for a bigger one! And I swear, this is the last thing I'll do to my HHR!
Old 12-29-2021, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Ha! That’s what we all say!! They are so much fun to work on!
Old 12-29-2021, 06:54 PM

And I swear, this is the last thing I'll do to my HHR!

This is a lie...
Old 12-29-2021, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
This is a lie...
Lol, I always tell the truth, even when I lie!

(Brakes being ordered after NY )
Old 12-29-2021, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lonwane
I want to send a BIG THANK YOU to fastsuv.
He is being quite helpful with the electrical part of my Cobalt steering wheel install.
What he has shared with me I never would have figured out.
It's really helpful to have someone elses brains for information.
I know its been said many times,but,
THIS SITE AND ITS MEMBERS ROCK.
Thanks, Lonwane.

I'm just trying to pay back all the help I received from this site over the years I have owned HHRs.

Forum members have saved me a LOT of time and money since I bought my first HHR (new in 2006) and on the many others I have owned since then (now have 3 SS models and I maintain my two daughter's 1LT models.

Here is the results of our Covid testing

The whole family has Covid. The good news is that the new strain is very mild. We'll be staying home for a while.

Steve
Old 12-30-2021, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by fastsuv
Thanks, Lonwane.

I'm just trying to pay back all the help I received from this site over the years I have owned HHRs.

Forum members have saved me a LOT of time and money since I bought my first HHR (new in 2006) and on the many others I have owned since then (now have 3 SS models and I maintain my two daughter's 1LT models.

Here is the results of our Covid testing

The whole family has Covid. The good news is that the new strain is very mild. We'll be staying home for a while.

Steve
Steve sorry to hear that the family is sick ! My #2 son and his family had it as well. Felt under the weather for a bit but not too bad! Doing great now !
Just keep tabs on how everyone is ! Prayers and best wish's to a speedy recovery

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?