General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2021, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Sorry to see the family is infected with Covid, Steve. Keep us updated on the status.

Today , it’s a wash and detail, after a drive and a walk, and stop by the pet store for seniors day discount for Nacho’s food and litter.

Old 12-30-2021, 08:55 AM
Premium Member

Steve (fastsuv) and family.
My prayers are with you all as you battle through this.
Lonnie
Old 12-30-2021, 09:30 AM

Thanks, everyone.

We had the "original" Covid in November 2020.

This variant seems much milder than the original. Reports are that it's pretty mild in most cases, but a lot more communicable to others but for a shorter period (1-3 days after symptoms). A few of the kids had a mild (100.5 degrees or less) fever, the older kids and adults had mostly some sinus congestion and a few headaches. Also people with the vax are getting it. With the milder symptoms, most people will probably think they have a regular cold or allergy when they actually have the new Covid variant. Also, this variant can have some symptoms that the original didn't (like abdominal pain, etc). Personally, I think a lot of people have it but don't realize it unless they do the test. It's nearly impossible to find a home Covid test anywhere in New York State. I was lucky and happened to be at the pharmacy when they got a shipment and bought a bunch of them ($15 each) before they sold out in a few hours.

Compared to other health issues some people are having, I'm not going to complain about our Covid.

This gives me a chance to do some work on the cars that was needed, the minivan needs new brakes and rotors, along with a new ABS harness on one wheel.

Steve
Old 12-30-2021, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Good you are keeping busy. Those symptoms seem much less than are explained on the news, but I think they only report the extreme cases , sensationalist reports.

We just got home, I washed the BlackSwan, and now it’s nap time!
Old 12-30-2021, 01:44 PM

safety pinned

Today, I cut out with my plotter and made some safety pin stickers. Just in case the bumper cover falls off. Well, as we all know how well the HHR was built, we also know that the bumper cover will not fall off by itself. Tryin to keep up with my tuner friends. Trying to figure out how to make infinity led tail lights and third brake light.

Old 12-30-2021, 01:51 PM

safety pinned

Old 12-30-2021, 03:28 PM
Administrator

I like the IPCW Ruby Red or Bermuda Black led tail lights.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/mods...ts-idea-53506/

Our friends at CarID have a selection

https://www.carid.com/2008-chevy-hhr-taillights/

Then these are cool to
http://www.macustom.eu/en/gallery/34...ild-with-LED-s
Old 12-30-2021, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by fastsuv
Thanks, Lonwane.

I'm just trying to pay back all the help I received from this site over the years I have owned HHRs.

Forum members have saved me a LOT of time and money since I bought my first HHR (new in 2006) and on the many others I have owned since then (now have 3 SS models and I maintain my two daughter's 1LT models.

Here is the results of our Covid testing

The whole family has Covid. The good news is that the new strain is very mild. We'll be staying home for a while.

Steve
Steve my #2 son and his wife and son had COVID last month, They are doing fine now ! BUT Keep a eye open for any type of sick feeling , If you get any call your Doc to be safe !
My #1 son is in Hospital now NOT Covid but for a blood clot in his lungs ! SO I know how you feel about family being sick ! Stinks
Prayers and Well wish's to a speedy recovery
Old 12-30-2021, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Radco
Steve my #2 son and his wife and son had COVID last month, They are doing fine now ! BUT Keep a eye open for any type of sick feeling , If you get any call your Doc to be safe !
My #1 son is in Hospital now NOT Covid but for a blood clot in his lungs ! SO I know how you feel about family being sick ! Stinks
Prayers and Well wish's to a speedy recovery
Radco:

Prayers from our family to yours for your son's fast and complete recovery!

These days there is a lot of technology (imaging, robotics, etc) that allows for successful treatments of ailments that would not have fared well just a few decades ago.

Steve

Steve
Old 12-30-2021, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by fastsuv
Radco:

Prayers from our family to yours for your son's fast and complete recovery!

These days there is a lot of technology (imaging, robotics, etc) that allows for successful treatments of ailments that would not have fared well just a few decades ago.

Steve

Steve
Thank you. COVID does suck :O but like I said #2 sonand family are doing ok...
#1 was first put in ICU / COVID room first . He os now in a regular room so all a plus, Now waiting to clear up that blood clot. And like you said Today the tech is outstanding. Again prayers for a speedy recovery for your family
Happy New Year :)

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?