General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 02:24 PM

Replaced the cam actuators, no more check engine light and now the remote start works! Now just need to find the reason for random ABS/traction control faults
Old 01-04-2022, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by mongo
Replaced the cam actuators, no more check engine light and now the remote start works! Now just need to find the reason for random ABS/traction control faults
What codes do you read from the ABS system? Different ones every time or the same wheel sensor?

I had ABS faults that popped up every so often. Water had wicked up into the ABS connector and up the harness for almost a foot. It turned the copper wire strands into fragile strands of corrosion, making an intermittent connection.. I replaced the connector and several feet of wiring and problem went away.

Steve
Old 01-04-2022, 05:16 PM
Administrator

While I prefer a nice warm climate, 70 to 85 *F , I do live in Canada and the ice and snow. Not fun!
the silicone spray works for my HHR, both of them are out door in the driveway cars, no warm garage!

We took a drive in the country, past Niagara Falls and along the river to Fort Erie, then home.
Old 01-04-2022, 06:36 PM

played with tint a little, but the sunlight was mostly gone by the time I got home
I thought I'd tint them -before- install.... but now I'm thinking I'll get them put in and then try the tint to gauge light output
I like the looks of the super dark, but it is really dark
I did watch a youtube vid that was a comparison of no tint vs light smoke vs dark smoke... but it was a car in a shop, not real world/road conditions...

Old 01-04-2022, 09:04 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Radco
Well the fun never stops :O My son still has the blood clots in his lungs and they are full of fluids :O SO they will put tubes in to help drain them :O

Woke up to 4*f
Then I head out to go shopping and all the doors on my HHR and Truck are froze shut :O after a few not so nice words and a couple shots of deicer finally in.:)
Found a can of silicone spray and wiped down the weatherstripping, So will see if that helps stop that .
The joys of living in the frozen north !. lol
Have a good day
Rich- Sorry to learn of your son's health issue. Will keep him in prayers.

And I think the silicone on door seals will be a big help.

Originally Posted by Oldblue
While I prefer a nice warm climate, 70 to 85 *F , I do live in Canada and the ice and snow. Not fun!
the silicone spray works for my HHR, both of them are out door in the driveway cars, no warm garage!

We took a drive in the country, past Niagara Falls and along the river to Fort Erie, then home.
Blue- Sounds like a nice peaceful cruise.

Originally Posted by heathenhhr
played with tint a little, but the sunlight was mostly gone by the time I got home
I thought I'd tint them -before- install.... but now I'm thinking I'll get them put in and then try the tint to gauge light output
I like the looks of the super dark, but it is really dark
I did watch a youtube vid that was a comparison of no tint vs light smoke vs dark smoke... but it was a car in a shop, not real world/road conditions...

heathenhhr- Be curious as to how the tint holds up to headlight heat.

Drove my Panel down town to pick up some parts I couldn't get local. My ride loves the super-slab.
Old 01-05-2022, 05:52 AM
Administrator

Today another ride to the hospital.
Old 01-05-2022, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper

heathenhhr- Be curious as to how the tint holds up to headlight heat.
it's Vivvid Air Tint made just for headlights and taillights, so it should hold up fine, it's more like a vinyl wrap than regular window tint
Old 01-05-2022, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Rich- Sorry to learn of your son's health issue. Will keep him in prayers.

And I think the silicone on door seals will be a big help.
Thanks the tube going in this morning hope to drain the fluid from the lungs ,Should increase the oxygen level with the fluid removed !

Old 01-05-2022, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Today another ride to the hospital.
Hope this is a good trip to the hospital with all good news !
One heck of a year so far :O
Old 01-05-2022, 08:43 AM
Administrator

Sweetie’s 2nd round of chemotherapy.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?