General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Lonwane
Onemore thing about this steering wheel swap.
I have issues.
Every panel that I removed was dirty and therefore had to be cleaned.
I even came across one that was so bad that it will have to be replaced.
Had to remove all switches from the waterfall
The widow switch panel had a peppermint candy stuck UNDERNEATH. Huh?
AND, how much crap can accumilate under the e-brake panel?
I found alot, including candy wrappers, small leaves and soda drippings. YUK!
Oh well. All clean now
Man, not trying to judge and I understand folks are busy, but I just don't understand how people just let their cars get filthy like that. I'm not saying you have to be fanatical about how your car looks but a good cleaning every few months, or in some cases, once a year would be reasonable.
Old 01-12-2022, 10:51 AM
Administrator

I went outside it’s above freezing, 36 F so I busted out the IPhone and made a video about an upgrade I’ve wanted to do since 2009, just never got past the shipping charges! Then seeing as the BlackSwan was filthy from the road sand and salt , I used that garden hose CarWash soap cannon and washed the crud off !

A no touch foam cannon wash and the Stubby antenna installed!
Old 01-12-2022, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Cheap Guy
Man, not trying to judge and I understand folks are busy, but I just don't understand how people just let their cars get filthy like that. I'm not saying you have to be fanatical about how your car looks but a good cleaning every few months, or in some cases, once a year would be reasonable.
Beware the “one owner” private sale. It’s about the only way to find a car that’s NEVER been cleaned.
Old 01-12-2022, 03:46 PM
Premium Member

Good news. The new DIC buttons work. THANKS fastsuv.
Bad news. Wired them backwards. Swapped 'menu' and 'reset'
I will fix them later.

They work
Now about the steering wheel.

The airbag light is on with the message to service airbag.
Even though the wires were the same color and matched up a couple of the button in the wheel are backwards.
Those are the mute and the channel selector up/down.
They work but are switched.
Cruise control works with no issues.
I think I messed up the clockspring as I lost the self cancelling feature of my turn signals.
And for some reason the high beam 'on' is not working but the 'flash' does.
Old 01-13-2022, 01:10 PM

Arm Rest covers

Decided to learn sewing. My first project arm rest covers. Learned pattern making (not easy!) zippers (so I can toss in wash), piping, and got to be an expert on using a seam ripper (not proud of that!) Even covered the bolt cap, but didn't match print.

But overall happy with results of my first project. I really dig the pattern/print.

Old 01-13-2022, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Neat Chile pepper pattern! you thinking a tuck and roll or diamond tufted headliner?

Today I replaced the horn relay in the BlackSwan, I don’t honk the horn much but the door lock horn stopped working last week , it’s fixed now!
had to drive over to the downtown area drop off paperwork for MIL’s house sale, wow the deal closes next week already.

Old 01-13-2022, 01:36 PM

Actually @205K I'm thinking more motor/tranny swap. And my god! I want a new windshield! Is SO road blasted! Can't see squat when perfectly clean driving into sunrise/set. But that is what air bags are for, right?
Old 01-13-2022, 02:09 PM

what ever floats your boat my friend! {OldBlue} save the pattern! love to buy a set from ya with Ol style diamond tuck! maybe in pleather so I can just wipe them off. (when my arm sweats i can fall out of the seat:)
Old 01-13-2022, 09:23 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by haX0r
Decided to learn sewing. My first project arm rest covers. Learned pattern making (not easy!) zippers (so I can toss in wash), piping, and got to be an expert on using a seam ripper (not proud of that!) Even covered the bolt cap, but didn't match print.

But overall happy with results of my first project. I really dig the pattern/print.
Nice job, & very colorful..
Old 01-14-2022, 04:58 AM
Administrator

Today, I roll out to Smithville, Ontario for a coffee with the_shmoo , to discuss all things HHR .

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?