General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2022, 07:10 AM

I finally sat in the passenger seat and noticed the arm rest tilting too far down, so I did the self tapping screw fix. Left the driver's side since I like where that one sits.
Old 02-21-2022, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Today, I go out to see why the passenger side headlight is not lighting up, squirrels? Loose ground? Cheap EBay led bulbs?
Stay tuned!

Then this afternoon Sweetie starts round 4 of chemotherapy, so a trip to the hospital for her appointment.
Old 02-21-2022, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Today, I go out to see why the passenger side headlight is not lighting up, squirrels? Loose ground? Cheap EBay led bulbs?
Stay tuned!

Then this afternoon Sweetie starts round 4 of chemotherapy, so a trip to the hospital for her appointment.

My best to your wife on round 4 of the Chemo. Prayers for her!

Bummer about your new headlight bulb not working ! Will look out for the update !
Old 02-21-2022, 09:22 AM
geg

Long thought to write or not to write, all the same car forum.
I decided that I would write very briefly without emotion:
I came home from work, turned on the TV, there was a TV broadcast of a meeting of the Russian Security Council, which in itself is very unusual (as if a meeting of the heads of intelligence and the Pentagon was broadcast on your television).
In short, Russia recognizes the independence of the Donetsk and Lugansk republics. The meeting is still ongoing, no decision has been made. But it looks like everything has already been decided.
In a couple of hours, your media will tell you on TV, of course in a negative way.
Moderator, if the message is not legal - delete it.
Old 02-21-2022, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Sorry you’re in a predicament beyond your control, geg. We’ll leave this one up, and hopefully the super powers will resolve the issues.

I just got in from inspection of the led bulb, the pins are loose in the connector, they appear to be bent then pushed back thru , when first connected, thankfully, I have a spare set here in the garage, new bulb installed, I’ll repin the other one later.
Old 02-21-2022, 11:08 AM
geg

I just got in from inspection of the led bulb, the pins are loose in the connector, they appear to be bent then pushed back thru , when first connected, thankfully, I have a spare set here in the garage, new bulb installed, I’ll repin the other one later.
that's why I can't decide to buy led-bulbs
seems to be a logical step, but... how will they behave? I have experience in operating standard lamps made in China - the experience is negative, it do not last long.
I'm afraid to pay more and get a disastrous result. I'm even more afraid that the lamp will heat up and melt the headlight housing.
Well, I do not believe in the quality of Chinese products, although they are evolving quite quickly.
Russian manufacturers also make led-bulbs, but ... in Chinese factories with Chinese hands.

Last edited by Oldblue; 02-22-2022 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Remove political per site rules
Old 02-21-2022, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the news report.

These LEDs are from New Jersey, USA , but like everything else most likely made in China. I’m waiting to see if they will warranty replacement them.
Old 02-21-2022, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by geg
that's why I can't decide to buy led-bulbs
LED’s vary wildly in quality and effectiveness. There’s little reason to think a headlamp assembly designed for an incandescent lamp will cast a anything like the same beam with an LED lamp, and what you get will vary with the emitter arrangement. Still fun to play with, but the standard bulbs last long enough..

Last edited by Oldblue; 02-22-2022 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Removed political per site rules
Old 02-21-2022, 06:23 PM
Administrator

I bought the LED because the old Sylvania’s kept burning out every 4 to 6 months!
The LED’s produce a great light pattern and much brighter elimination. And for $12.00 CDN , a much better price.
The bulb works, I just need to repin the connector
Old 02-21-2022, 07:06 PM

Hope her treatments haven't been too hard on her.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?