General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2022, 07:27 AM

what my HHR did to ME this morning was give me an anxiety attack

it did not want to shift properly into second, would rev high and then shift hard... I don't have a choice as I work 30 miles from home and my other 2 aren't up to that commute, so I just kept going... seemed to clear up after a bit, not sure if it was because it warmed up (it's not even cold out), or if something readjusted itself in the computer(s).... anybody run into that before?
I'll have to see what it does going home
Old 03-02-2022, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by mongo
If you have a physical piece you want to copy, silicone/resin casting would be your best bet.
That's where the problem lies...all my physical pieces are in horrible shape...broken and warped unfortunately.

Thanks for getting back with me...this was the best one of the four.

Old 03-02-2022, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by heathenhhr
you could try finding something similar on Etsy and then message the seller and ask if they're willing to do something custom... I've done that quite a few times, not with 3D printed stuff, but a lot of sellers are happy to tweak stuff
Everyone I have contacted wants hundreds of dollars. Well that's not happening unless I hit the lottery!
Old 03-02-2022, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by mongo
Not something I did, but a neat milestone
Pretty cool with the leading "41".

One day I will get my odometer working to see how many miles mine has on it!
Old 03-02-2022, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Ronnie
Everyone I have contacted wants hundreds of dollars. Well that's not happening unless I hit the lottery!
Restoring badges is time consuming. Scanning a 3D object requires some expensive equipment, the cheapest option right now is the iPhone 12. Manually recreating the badge in software takes a lot of time as well. There may not be much material involved, but there is a lot of labor cost. Then there is warpage. The problem with 3D printing is thin pieces warp easily. That badge also looks like it is much larger than most 3D printer beds. Mine is fairly large for a hobbyist unit but it's max is 6"x6"x5 1/2". There is a fair amount of trial and error on getting the temperatures just right to prevent warping.

Here's a forward/neutral/reverse plate I'm working on for my golf cart, and even though it's 4 1/2 x 5 it still wants to warp.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Today I washed the BlackSwan! It’s a heatwave of 34 degrees F outside!
Old 03-02-2022, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Today I washed the BlackSwan! It’s a heatwave of 34 degrees F outside!
I think it got up to 83 here.
Old 03-03-2022, 05:33 AM
Administrator

Nice! Another 2 “ of snow last night here!

Today we are going to cruise somewhere and stop for a coffee, Sweetie is restless, 7 more days of her chemo pills , and she’s finished her chemotherapy.
Old 03-03-2022, 07:59 AM

not a good start to the morning

trans was still shifting hard coming home last night, and it didn't go away after it warmed up... guy at my shop suggested the fluid might be low, and of course these things don't have a damn dipstick to check... so I added a .5 qt and drove it around the block, seemed a lot better
but then this morning to go to work... same thing... and I can't risk roasting my transmission on a 60 mile commute, as my other 2 are not up to being daily drivers

so... I'm sitting at home, waiting on a tow truck... gonna take it to the Aamco that rebuilt my Monte's trans, I used to deliver parts to them, surprisingly he remembered me, I haven't been out there in a decade...he said he's packed, but he'd try to get it in as quick as he could, hopefully it's nothing too bad

so I got a forced day off work, instead of paying $40 for an Uber to only work a half day, boss is gonna put me down for a vacation and I'll just hitch a ride tomorrow and then get a rental ... none of which is money I want or need to be spending... but what can I do
Old 03-03-2022, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Hopefully they can connect their scan tool and check it out!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?