General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by PulpFriction
Few things have been overhyped like 3D printing.

Printing is the cheap easy part of 3D printing. Without a background in CAD, building the model will usually be too difficult or too expensive. With a background in CAD, one is in a better position to guess whether building your own model will be worth the trouble.

Anyone who wants to give it a try might check out Sketchup Free, or Google “best free solid modeling software.”
Not just that, but it also falls under give a kid a hammer and everything looks like a nail. I've seen SO many items that are so simple (bins?) that it isn't worth the 1-3 hours to print when you can buy 5 for a buck. Then there is the I'm gonna make this one part, with 1/2 the filament being used for supports (could have made it in 2 pieces and bolted/glued together and gotten the layers oriented correctly for better strength.). I have the CAD background, and 3 printers. But it isn't the end-all be-all, but still pretty cool to make something custom in a day.
Old 03-04-2022, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Today, 9 degrees F , sunny but freezing cold, so we might just sit this one out. Sweetie has a Super 8 film projector and films from her parents house, I spent a couple of hours checking it out, cleaning it and replaced the drive band. Maybe we’ll watch some 50 year old home movies.

I measured the broken drive belt, same size as the oil filter housing o-ring for the HHR, so I installed one. It works! Sweetie is filming the images projected on the screen with her digital camera.
Old 03-04-2022, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by haX0r
Not just that, but it also falls under give a kid a hammer and everything looks like a nail. I've seen SO many items that are so simple (bins?) that it isn't worth the 1-3 hours to print when you can buy 5 for a buck. Then there is the I'm gonna make this one part, with 1/2 the filament being used for supports (could have made it in 2 pieces and bolted/glued together and gotten the layers oriented correctly for better strength.). I have the CAD background, and 3 printers. But it isn't the end-all be-all, but still pretty cool to make something custom in a day.
Like 'print in place'. Spend hours tweaking a design with moving parts so that you don't have to assemble it. Can, should, ETC.
Old 03-04-2022, 12:33 PM

I almost feel like this thread should be called "What did your HHR do to you today?"

I was heading down the highway for a two hour drive and it lost power. I got it to the side of road...where I'm currently still sitting pondering my choices in life. Check engine light didn't come on. I tried jump starting it with a mobile jump starter. Last time it died while driving it was 12°. Currently it's 70° and I'm wearing a sweater. Ugh!

After 30 minute or so I decide to hook up the ol' code reader. And by golly it threw a code! P0016! I have done some reading on the code. I am truly wore out with what seems like constant issues. I can't afford a new car...hell I can't afford to fix what ever is wrong right now.

Several things were mentioned as to what the problem might be....but is there a problem that stands out more than others?

Losing my drive...on so many levels.
Old 03-04-2022, 03:22 PM
Administrator

P0016, primarily is the timing chain jumped a tooth, probably because the front guide broke.
Sorry about your luck, but it’s an easy fix , just a little time consuming.

Today, we did take a cruise and stopped for a coffee!
Old 03-04-2022, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
P0016, primarily is the timing chain jumped a tooth, probably because the front guide broke.
Sorry about your luck, but it’s an easy fix , just a little time consuming.

Today, we did take a cruise and stopped for a coffee!
Hopefully that's all. I hate throwing money at anything hoping it will work..

No cruise for me yet. I truly despise coffee...but would love a diet coke right now. When my anxiety goes up I get dehydrated. 4.5 hours later I'm still sitting here pondering life choices.
Old 03-04-2022, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Do not try to start the HHR , that could cause internal engine damage! You’ll need a Cloyes 9-4201SX timing chain kit and since the engine is opened up a 9-4202 SX balance shaft chain kit.
These do not include cam sprockets or crankshaft or balance shaft sprockets, you don’t need those in your 2.4 .

heres a tutorial about assembly of the 2.4 Ecotec

http://www.ddmworks.com/assets/image...uild%20Kit.pdf
Old 03-04-2022, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ronnie
I almost feel like this thread should be called "What did your HHR do to you today?".
SAAAMMMEEEE

my trans guy called me this morning (considering when I called him yesterday and he said he was booking things 2-4 days out, the fact he called me at 9am this morning should tell you why I like these guys)

they drove it twice, one yesterday, and once this morning... and of course the jerk SHIFTED TOTALLY FINE.... but he did say there was a code stored for a shift solenoid... and that's 95% of the problems he sees with these trans, but he had to be honest and tell me that there's nothing he can guarantee me... beccccaaauuseee, it's like a 7+ hr job to get into this thing's case

he offered to sit on it and let me decide, but frankly, that's the stored code, that's the most common thing he sees, and I told him, I don't want to bring it back home just for something to FULLY break and have to do this all over again, it's got 140K on it.... so I told him to go ahead

super OUCH$$$... but... I don't have a back up daily driver, so... I need it

and the nightmares at work that all this caused (on top of us already being a flustercluck), just has pushed me way past my line today... I just got home, I'm gonna feed the pets and then take a nice long bubble bath
Old 03-04-2022, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Do not try to start the HHR , that could cause internal engine damage! You’ll
Kinda too late in the game for this tip...though I appreciate you letting me know.. Let's all bow our heads and pray the engine is fine. Cuz I can't do this again.

I was going to ask if this problem was going to cause the battery to drain?
Old 03-04-2022, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by heathenhhr
SAAAMMMEEEE

my trans guy called me this morning (considering when I called him yesterday and he said he was booking things 2-4 days out, the fact he called me at 9am this morning should tell you why I like these guys)

they drove it twice, one yesterday, and once this morning... and of course the jerk SHIFTED TOTALLY FINE.... but he did say there was a code stored for a shift solenoid... and that's 95% of the problems he sees with these trans, but he had to be honest and tell me that there's nothing he can guarantee me... beccccaaauuseee, it's like a 7+ hr job to get into this thing's case

he offered to sit on it and let me decide, but frankly, that's the stored code, that's the most common thing he sees, and I told him, I don't want to bring it back home just for something to FULLY break and have to do this all over again, it's got 140K on it.... so I told him to go ahead

super OUCH$$$... but... I don't have a back up daily driver, so... I need it

and the nightmares at work that all this caused (on top of us already being a flustercluck), just has pushed me way past my line today... I just got home, I'm gonna feed the pets and then take a nice long bubble bath
I had a long day myself. I sat only the highway for 6 hours. My is heading this way but he had to wait for his son to get there first. They had things planned to work on before my mishap.

I would love to go relax in the hot tub. But with company coming I should try to make the house somewhat presentable.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?