General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by THE BATMAN
Ya , Scored the farkles, Years ago.
wtf is a farkle lol
Old 08-28-2010, 08:17 AM

Jumped into the HHR lst night and went to the local private auto parts store for a specialty hose for the thottle body of my 03 Impala, and as I was in the middle turning lane to make a left into the lot a rat rod (real one, looked like the yellow car from American Graffiti but this one was primer light grey) was making a left out of the lot. in the passanger seat was a blond in every sence of the word looking at MY HHR admiring it & smiling at ME and not paying attention to the guy driving who was talking to her. That made my day thanks to my HHR.

And NO, BATMAN, she was not an ugly blond nor was she laughing at me.....

Last edited by BlackknighT; 08-28-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:30 AM

Today I am going to wipe it down with Mother's California Gold detailer and then start running the wires to the rear for the red LED floor lights like I have under the dash in the front driver's and passanger's sides
Old 08-28-2010, 01:27 PM

Got a compliment on the chrome Euromax 612's today while sitting at a stop light..... More than just the wheels.... sounded like the guy wanted to have a G2G at the red light, What year? Original paint? Where'd you get the caliper paint? etc. etc. Sorry..... time to go......
Old 08-28-2010, 06:00 PM

Wash, Dry , Wax, Tire gel, Dash wipe down. Lookin clean.
( for 10-15 hours)
Attached Images      
Old 08-28-2010, 08:11 PM

Well, I did what I said I was going to do and while polishing the passanger side front fender I found a nice sized dent and a nice piece of paint gone right where the body line starts to curve above the tire. Which is the worst place because it sticks out like a sore thumb from 100 yards away becuase of the body line and curvature there.
Seems as though my 15 year old son opened his mothers back door to get something out, hit the car and didn't tell anyone. Admitted to if after I asked both boys who did it in a very frustrated tone. Tried to pop the dent out as best as I could from the inside and touch up the paint. Still looks like crap.
I have 3 dents on that fender all from the same son not paying attention when getting in or out of moms car. Looks like some one shot that fender with a semi-automatoc BB gun.
Very frustrating considering I play in a band and we play every weekend at a club or bar. I have had only one ding from a clumsy drunk hitting my car (was a BMW parked beside me) but have 8 from my own family hitting it.
As of today I no longer park in the driveway. Moved the car to the street on the side of the house.
Looks like I'll be trying the dry ice thing.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Rest In Peace

SMACK that kid upside the head a few times!

And No No No don't You park on the street, Park his mothers car on the street. Then see what happens, she may end up smacking him upside the head for you after that. LOL

Then go to a CUSTOM Body Shop and get a written estimate, and hand Him the Bill and tell him GET A JOB your Paying for this.

Under 12 years old is excusable, and they get a Talking too.

12 and up they better Watch wtf they are doing. At 15? he Drives Next year, NO EXCUSE from a 15 year old at all.

That's being plain old LAZY with his head UP in his you know what.(Typical Teen) Never paying Attention.

With 4 kids myself I have gone through my share of the Teen years. And still am.

Were we all that Dumb as teens?

Thank god they grow out of it.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:03 AM
Platinum Member

I'm sure yer kid didn't mean it..
Old 08-30-2010, 07:48 PM

What Bat needs to do is clean out the garage so that next week we don't hear about him getting a big dent out of his door or fender.

LOL Just playin with ya Bat... it looks cramped in there!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:55 PM

Popped off the rear bowtie (just the gold bit), painted it and glued it back on....... nothing major but saved it from falling off..... darn thing popped off with my thumbnail......

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?