General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2022, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Hvymax
That was my first addition to mine. I might have to wire up a 7 pin just for giggles.
Lol, not even gonna put a 4 pin on mine to resist any temptation to pull anything! The weight of the hitch itself probably takes up a good part of the towing capacity!

You car is coming along great. I was wondering why the star was on the rear doors - the shark mouth is gonna be sweet!
Old 04-29-2022, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Cheap Guy
Lol, not even gonna put a 4 pin on mine to resist any temptation to pull anything! The weight of the hitch itself probably takes up a good part of the towing capacity!
I have a few small utility trailers that I can use to haul anything I could in a pickup. The Harbor freight trailers weigh about 100lbs. Mine is probably 150 total. My motorcycle is about 500lbs or my mower. I'm usually just running between Lowe's and my house. Occasionally I run a load to the dump etc. If I'm taking my motorcycle anywhere during the winter when there could be ice on the road or I'm traveling to/from a job on the road I'll throw it on the trailer.

Old 04-30-2022, 10:50 AM

just swapped my windshield washer motor out, that was the easiest job I've ever done... and I managed not to dump the entire tank by using a couple rubber caps I have

I've only been driving it for 3 years without a washer
Old 04-30-2022, 11:23 AM
Administrator

Awesome! Now you can play “ I can see clearly, now! “ on your CD player!

I just finished up masking off the repair area and squirting some primer on, I’ll let that sit a week then spray the colour coat!
Old 05-01-2022, 07:23 PM

evening all. Finally a day wit sun and no rain lol

#1 son called me today, He has a 2011 2LT
He has just Joined the BDHC, (Broken Door Handle Club :O)
Parts on order and he has watched a few videos on it . So have I
So Next weekend will pop off another door panel and do my first door handle repair :O
From the few videos I watched seems like a no brainier !
Glad I have a assortment of Panel/Clip removal tools :)
After pulling 4 door panels I think I can handle it lol

Last edited by Radco; 05-03-2022 at 08:04 AM.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:15 PM
Administrator

I parked the BlackSwan in the garage, loaded up the terrain and headed to Pawley’s Island, we got a resort condo. Sweetie’s in need of a change of scenery, Easter was rough for her, and Mother’s Day was horrible, She’s Hungarian and May 1 is Mother’s Day in Hungary.
So a phone call here an email there and we drove down today! Left at 3:00 AM got here at 7:45 PM.
Old 05-03-2022, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
I parked the BlackSwan in the garage, loaded up the terrain and headed to Pawley’s Island, we got a resort condo. Sweetie’s in need of a change of scenery, Easter was rough for her, and Mother’s Day was horrible, She’s Hungarian and May 1 is Mother’s Day in Hungary.
So a phone call here an email there and we drove down today! Left at 3:00 AM got here at 7:45 PM.
Steve bummer your wife has been going through a rough time !
I agree with you about away for awhile is being a good thing!
Have a Safe trip and great get away
Old 05-03-2022, 09:33 AM

Miles rolling up.

Now that it's boating season, the miles are piling up on the HHR. Just hit the 140k mark and it's been great. It's a 70 mile round trip to the marina and sometime I have to go back and forth a couple of times a day. Last year I had a gas guzzling V8 SUV and the gas was killing me. I also had a sedan but it couldn't haul anything plus it took premium. This year has been great so far - Basically getting around 25 mpg so it's much less of a pain - and I've been stuffing it to the gills with boating crap. Got these roof racks from the A company for $35 and for the price, they're decent. Don't know how a kayak will work on this because the roof rack is set back pretty far.

Now all I have to do is keep the dang freeloaders from hitching rides - why can't Canadian geese stay in Canada? Lol.

Old 05-03-2022, 10:49 AM

Over the weekend, I went to a van run in Indiana. The HHR Panel is considered a van- so I took it instead of one of my other vans.

I won the HHR class...... if only by virtue of being the ONLY HHR Panel in the show. There were others, but none entered the show.

Old 05-03-2022, 10:53 AM

And today, turning around in my driveway and heard a BANG.

Broke a rear coil spring, guess I need to buy that SS rear axle and springs I saw in the junkyard yesterday.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?