General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Cheap Guy
^^^^Yeah, trial and error is always a learning experience. Definitely would be better in a larger size but it's going to look cool once done! I also like the stock bumpers unless you have other plans.
Stock bumpers are gone. I've been mocking up with 2x8 stud I had laying around. I'm going to use 2x12x1/8" steel channel. I will section out the top of the rear bumper for the hatch like stock and follow similar lines. For the front I'm going with swept back sides following the line of the headlights with probably 6" extensions on the ends following the sides towards the wheels.
Old 05-07-2022, 07:53 AM
geg

Originally Posted by Hvymax
Stock bumpers are gone. I've been mocking up with 2x8 stud I had laying around. I'm going to use 2x12x1/8" steel channel. I will section out the top of the rear bumper for the hatch like stock and follow similar lines. For the front I'm going with swept back sides following the line of the headlights with probably 6" extensions on the ends following the sides towards the wheels.
video: making a power bumper.
I don’t know if there are programs for translating video tubes in the USA, Google doesn’t made it. I use Yandex, it translates normally. But, to be honest, everything is clear without translation.
a drawing of a power bumper on a Chevrolet Niva, I did not find it for our car ..

and it: https://zabarankoi.mirtesen.ru/blog/...ami.-CHertezhi
Old 05-07-2022, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by geg
video: making a power bumper.
I don’t know if there are programs for translating video tubes in the USA, Google doesn’t made it. I use Yandex, it translates normally. But, to be honest, everything is clear without translation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-QtNzoOx9E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFpjuXdE4gU
a drawing of a power bumper on a Chevrolet Niva, I did not find it for our car ..

and it: https://zabarankoi.mirtesen.ru/blog/...ami.-CHertezhi
I like it and I do have the technology. I'm trying to stay with the WWII military theme as much as possible. That would be awesome for a Rally Car setup.
Old 05-07-2022, 05:49 PM

Another challenge accepted and won :)
My son's Drivers side door handle broke ! :O
His new metal handles arrived the other day ,
And since I did my speakers I had getting the panel off down pat lol
I think took about 20 minutes,
Had a hard time getting the old plastic pin out so finally snapped it off
The hardest part was figuring how to place the spring if the right place, SO took 30 seconds lol

So anyone that has to change speaker or the door handle fairly easy to do. And I am technically challenged lol
Old 05-07-2022, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Great job, Rich!

Today , a wash and detail for both the Blue Steel and the BlackSwan. Then out for lunch and a drive .

on our drive down to SC, at highway speeds the right rear would set the pressure alarm at 24 psi , pulled over broke out the spare and drove! Once we got there I took the flat to a Goodyear tire centre, they water tanked it , no leaks!
They agreed something was weird and broke both inside and outside beads, applied bead sealant, that was Tuesday and we had no problems or pressure loss on Wednesday or Thursday, we headed home at 7am, 3 hours later, ding TPMS alert. And every hour or two all the way home!
the last stop for air was at 12:30 am Friday, an hour away from home and this morning the tire was still at 36 psi?
so, back to the tire department at the dealership I bought the tires from last month.
a strange note that tire is marked inside, the other 3 say outside?
Old 05-07-2022, 08:32 PM

Thanks Steve. I am way more comfortable taking the panels off now ! I definitely overthinking the speaker change lol

Bummer about the leaky tire on your vacation.. Glad you made it home safe and sound
Old 05-08-2022, 05:18 AM
Premium Member

Finally got around to finishing up the new stereo installation, which took way longer than it should have due to a combination of other priorities and avoidance on my part. Worth the effort, though. New speakers (except the tweets), head unit, and powered subwoofer.
I still have to do a bit of fine tuning, mainly of the sub, but it already sounds great!
Old 05-08-2022, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
sounds like it's directional and someone mounted it backwards on the rim... no idea why that would make the TPMS go off thou
Old 05-08-2022, 08:43 AM
Administrator

Me either, tires don’t have direction of rotation arrows, like my other winter tires. I think it’s just thread is sipped different to push water out in the rain , better traction. Maybe the side wall has a curb rub strip on the outside.
I just checked and just sitting overnight the tire lost 3 psi so it is just a leak.

The HHR is awaiting for some sanding and paint in the right rear quarter panel. Sweetie took it out for a grocery run.
Old 05-08-2022, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Great job, Rich!

Today , a wash and detail for both the Blue Steel and the BlackSwan. Then out for lunch and a drive .

on our drive down to SC, at highway speeds the right rear would set the pressure alarm at 24 psi , pulled over broke out the spare and drove! Once we got there I took the flat to a Goodyear tire centre, they water tanked it , no leaks!
They agreed something was weird and broke both inside and outside beads, applied bead sealant, that was Tuesday and we had no problems or pressure loss on Wednesday or Thursday, we headed home at 7am, 3 hours later, ding TPMS alert. And every hour or two all the way home!
the last stop for air was at 12:30 am Friday, an hour away from home and this morning the tire was still at 36 psi?
so, back to the tire department at the dealership I bought the tires from last month.
A 12v compressor is in every vehicle I own along with plugs etc. A few months ago I had to stop every hour or so till we got where we were going and plugged it. If you go back you could mention the backwards tire just because and it is the problem tire.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?