General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2022, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Progress! Keep those photos coming! We love pictures!
been kinda slow going just been super busy at my shop but picking up a head of steam. Ive never driven, owned or even ridden in an SS lol so my motivation is pretty high. I still plan on a full build thread, its much better to do them on forum boards rather then other social media plus they archive better for others to use and gain knowledge from.

hey dumb question but the LT i just bought had the cat stolen and i had a brand new proper sized one on my shelf so i welded it in yesterday. The 02 sensor at the upstream side of cat was still there but i am assuming there should also be a downstream sensor right after the cat? Didnt really look for wires because it did not occur to me till this morning that maybe that got jacked to. I have a pile of o2 sensor codes now (036,140,141,054,420) thanks

edit- answered my own question, put 'er on the rack and saw the cut wires hang'in there ordered up a pair of sensors and a weld in

Last edited by glassdave; 06-11-2022 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-11-2022, 08:20 AM
Administrator

Yes an upstream and a down stream o2 sensor ,

Try and match up one of yours on the shelf to one in the RockAuto catalog
Old 06-11-2022, 02:18 PM

76 degrees out after an early morning rain, and I am ou changing tires. Took te snows off as I think it is done snowing for the season (I hope) Looks like the front tires will need to be replaced this fall due to tthe bad LCa's, and the summer tires will be done this season as well. Rears look good so we'll swap them front to rear and see how it goes. Those 17" rims/tires are heavier than the 16" snows, but they aren't light either.
Old 06-12-2022, 06:47 AM
Administrator

Today we will take the BlackSwan out for a drive , stop for a walk the again for lunch and maybe later a coffee!
Got to test that seal! Make sure it’s not leaking.
Old 06-12-2022, 06:44 PM

Today my son made up a bracket to fit the radio so I could mount it on the dash. Turned out good!!

Just need to run the cable inside the dash and formulate a microphone mount...
Old 06-12-2022, 09:48 PM
Platinum Member

Nothing on my Panel, but wife was coming home in her Mopar & critter ran across the road, & she swerved slightly to avoid it & got the front R wheel caught in a deep swale & it pulled her in, took out 2 mail boxes, 1 stop sign & car
was shot out of the swale, & was airborne across the tiny side road, landing on a very steep grassy incline & was teetering. ..

She called me, I showed up asap, & tow truck rookie Cops called, & he wanted to try & pull it out from from the top /high side.

I stopped him, saying he was gonna flip her car, I said catch it on lowest point in front. Or we'll call another tow Co.
He did grab the low side after some grumbling on his part, & it came right out, had it flat-bedded to our local collision / body shop.. Car starts & runs, but it took a beating..

Wife is doing ok, Just shook up. Time will tell, we followed the flatbed to the body shop, & could see the L rear wheel leaning a bit. Front & rear lower body parts have obvious damage, but underneath is my concern.. Not good.. No obvious leaking under it..

Anyhow, hope y'all had a better day.
Old 06-13-2022, 05:52 AM

Glad your wife is okay...
Old 06-13-2022, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Nothing on my Panel, but wife was coming home in her Mopar & critter ran across the road, & she swerved slightly to avoid it & got the front R wheel caught in a deep swale & it pulled her in, took out 2 mail boxes, 1 stop sign & car
was shot out of the swale, & was airborne across the tiny side road, landing on a very steep grassy incline & was teetering. ..

She called me, I showed up asap, & tow truck rookie Cops called, & he wanted to try & pull it out from from the top /high side.

I stopped him, saying he was gonna flip her car, I said catch it on lowest point in front. Or we'll call another tow Co.
He did grab the low side after some grumbling on his part, & it came right out, had it flat-bedded to our local collision / body shop.. Car starts & runs, but it took a beating..

Wife is doing ok, Just shook up. Time will tell, we followed the flatbed to the body shop, & could see the L rear wheel leaning a bit. Front & rear lower body parts have obvious damage, but underneath is my concern.. Not good.. No obvious leaking under it..

Anyhow, hope y'all had a better day.
Didn't you ever teach her that it's always bumper season??? I can see the squirrels high fiving for miles !
Glad it wasn't the HHR.
Old 06-13-2022, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Glad , she’s alright! sleeper!

Today is follow up day with Sweetie’s oncologist. So we ride to his office in the west end of St Catharine’s.
Old 06-13-2022, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Glad , she’s alright! sleeper!

Today is follow up day with Sweetie’s oncologist. So we ride to his office in the west end of St Catharine’s.
Steve
Hope any news from the Doc is all good news :) Best to your wife !

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?