General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2022, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Sweetie’s not feeling well, so I got test kits for Covid and hers is the one one the right, positive for Covid-19.

mine is on the left, negative. More tests to come!

I drove the HHR to the store to purchase the sealer. That was nice!
Old 09-08-2022, 08:02 PM

That’s pretty positive.

Mine got it, oh, about six weeks ago. I move out at her 1st sniffle, just in case. (We have a vacant apartment downstaits.) She initially tested negative, even when it had gotten worse than your typical head cold.

She said she never had such an awful sore throat in her life. Made her old-fashioned chicken soup. It took a week for the fever to break.

I never got it, or at least, no symptoms.
Old 09-08-2022, 08:30 PM

Wifey came home and reported the 2011 LS (90K miles) briefly ran rough, and ran on upon shutdown, chugging just briefly, the way I interpret her tale. Upon restart, she says it ran fine.

i scanned and found a P0102 and a P0300, in addition to the P0442 that’s been there for many moons and that I’ve failed to resolve.

Also found a B2aaa, which I’m ignoring for now.

Cleaned the MAF sensor, which did look a little dirty, but propared to go get a new one if that doesn’t work. Decided it’s time to get four AC Delco 41-103’s. I seem to remember the rebate is still good. Will probably wait and see how that works out before pulling the trigger on a new MAF sensor.

I don’t quite understand what the “low frequency” part of “Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Low Frequency” means, so I have no idea if cleaning it is likely to help.

Did find the coolant recovery tank low. Probaly still “recovering” from a recent Dexcool dump and refill.

Took out the throttle body and cleaned it while I was in the neighborhood, even though it didn’t look terrible dirty. The inside of intake manifold seems to heavily coated with oily gunk. Fired her up and she ran great, as always. Cleared the codes, tried the remote start, no go?! Odd, clearing the the P0442 usually allow RS until P0442 sets agian. It was getting dark so I’ll scan again tomorrow.

Old 09-08-2022, 09:32 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Today , a drive out for provisions ( Costco) and we will stop for a coffee.
Heathen , how is your kitty doing?
sleeper, sounds like a nice Lincoln, got any photos of that colour?
Thanks we think so too.. No pics yet, too busy learning the new stuff etc, But will get some soon.. Got a load of preferences set to her likes.. Still gotta sync the garage door to the ride. Her phone is set up w/ voice command now. The heated & cooled seats & steering wheel seem like that will be nice both ways.

Blue- Sorry about the mrs & testing pos..

Originally Posted by heathenhhr
he's one of my ex-colony cats from work, he's got a history of urinary blockages, and is on RX food... he was still peeing, but I could tell a difference in his habits and eating so I took him in they had to cath him again which means a couple days overnight, hence the $$ bill
I picked him up on Sat, he's still worrying me as he hasn't wanted to eat, but he finally ate about half his bowl last night, so hopefully starting to feel better
Our oldest male has issues like that, we have him on RX food as well, he has been doing good since.. Good luck with him.
Old 09-10-2022, 04:32 AM

Picked up some “like new” wheels, decided to confirm they clear the Brembos before even considering buying tires. Now I need to decide whether to to go with Summer-only tires.

Old 09-10-2022, 06:56 AM
Administrator

Nice! Summer only tires aren’t that good in the rain, I’d go with all season, the brand is up to you.

Yesterday a 2 hour round trip to drive a friend to the airport in Hamilton Ontario, when I got home and parked level out on the street, there was a puddle of coolant straight down under the water pump, I guess that weep hole isn’t holding back the tears.
Looks like I’ll be replacing this water pump.

Yesterday we did another Covid test, she was positive, I was negative. Today we tested again now we are both positive, yay!

Last edited by Oldblue; 09-10-2022 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-10-2022, 06:55 PM

Cracked manifold

Had to replace a cracked exhaust manifold. Also had to have the flex pipe welded because it broke. Is that a good indication of a catalytic converter theft attempt? Both broke at the same time. Kinda strange.
Side note- for the alternator belt, I used a wood clamp to pull the idler pulley arm to the block to get the belt loose. It worked like a dream.
Old 09-10-2022, 07:30 PM
Premium Member

Jim.
these cars set so low that I can't imagine anyone being able to get underneath for a converterectomey.
But, as we know anything is possible.
With that being said, I would look at the motor mounts.
There is a hole inside the passenger side wheel well where you ban see a bolt head.
(You can do a search and find it)
If you can't see it then the motor mount is bad and that can cause an excessive load on the exhaust pipe at the engine connection.
Old 09-10-2022, 07:55 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Nice! Summer only tires aren’t that good in the rain, I’d go with all season, the brand is up to you.
Yesterday we did another Covid test, she was positive, I was negative. Today we tested again now we are both positive, yay!
Blue- Bummer man.. Hang in there..
Old 09-11-2022, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Today, sit home and isolate. Nothing with the HHR, it’s raining, so a free car wash.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?