General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2023, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Today , I roll out to visit the_shmoo , his 2006 is in need of fuel lines.
Anytime you or shmoo need it, come over and use my lift to make things easier.

Steve
Old 02-07-2023, 03:26 PM
Administrator

His fuel line was leaking pretty bad for a drive that far, it’s all fixed now.
We’ll have to come over and have lunch one of these Saturdays

The fuel line was rotted pretty badly in the insulation area above the rear axle, we installed new vinyl lines, replaced the insulation with DEI Velcro wrap all the clips and line brackets survived and were put back into service, the rea fuel pressure line didn’t click into place and it leaked while first prime, I reinserted the bundy and pushed it into the quick connect fitting firmly and it clicked, on second prime no leaks and it started quickly.
the vapour line was rotted right through at the bent upward to the canister filter above the rear axle.

the drive home was quiet and nice in the high 40’s and lightly cloudy, no bumps or squeaky or clunks.
Old 02-07-2023, 07:11 PM
Premium Member

Once again a shout out to Oldblue for his help and expertise, would have been a nightmare to do it myself. Test drive tomorrow.
I owe you buddy.
Thanx for the invite Fastsuv, Next under carriage job I'll take you up on that, too old to be laying on our backs.
Hope to see you soon in the better weather for a visit.
Old 02-08-2023, 08:29 AM
Administrator

That lift would have been a great time saver, I can’t manoeuvre under a car on jack stands while lying on my back like I used to. The rear area was not fun to put the lines up and into position then wrap in the DEI insulation I couldn’t get that last bracket to line up and fully close.

Today, a drive in the country, try out a new to us breakfast diner. Then a walk along the old rail tracks and back home.
Old 02-08-2023, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by heathenhhr
I can't think of a single station around here that has E85. I run regular, I burn a tank a week, so no way I'm paying premium prices. I didn't even run premium in my old V8s when I was using them for daily, just went thru it too fast (I run Ethanol-free now that they're for funsies)

Seems to be a little better with a second can of Seafoam going thru it... but regardless plugs are going to be changed. I pulled out the Carfax they gave me when I bought it, they have 100K on them.
Yeah, I hear you with the price of premium. Just for an experiment you might try a tank or two though, and make it "TopTier" (Mobile, Exxon, Shell, Chevron, et. al.) That stuff does better than the government minimum for detergent. Good idea even when you run regular. You might notice a difference immediately, plus if you make a couple of nice long highway runs, you might burn off some carbon and reduce the propensity to knock when you run regular.

The fact that the Seafoam helped suggest that carbon deposits are contributing to knocking resulting in spark retard.

Do it after you change the plugs, of course. Crap on plugs can contribute, too.
Old 02-12-2023, 10:38 PM

Bass head stuff

I put two 15s in it 😂😂😂
Old 02-13-2023, 06:45 AM
Administrator

We took a nice long drive out to Jersyville for a walk, then on to Brantford for lunch , we headed south to Simcoe for a coffee and the meandered home.
Old 02-14-2023, 04:07 PM

gas line repair

Finally had the leaking gas line problem on the 2011. I used the repair kit from Amazon to replace the rear sections of the rusted line with black nylon.
Took 4 hours and all is good again. Alot of other rust under the rear for a 12 year old car. 84k miles.
Old 02-14-2023, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Have a close look at the bracket areas of the metal lines, my 2011 was rusted up front under the foot pedal area.

Today we cruised around town, stopped out for a coffee, when we returned, I noticed a little red droplet on the driveway, transmission fluid ! The passenger side output shaft seal is wet. A blast of brake cleaner spray and I put a piece of cardboard under it, to see if it leaks any further. I’m going to have a look at it tomorrow again.
Old 02-14-2023, 04:52 PM

yes, the lines bracket under the drivers door was hanging loose. The metal stud was rusted away. I will get to it soon.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?