General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2024, 08:52 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Oldblue
The rubber boots the door wires go through, make sure they are seated
Yep, & on mine I wiped a layer of clear 100% Silicone around the boots way back around 2010 or so for good measure..
I had no leaks, just extra protection. And I still have no leaks..
Old 06-07-2024, 08:56 PM
Platinum Member

Today, we got our Covid vaccine booster shots, then some shopping and then home for lawn cutting, Sweetie loves the new Ego , much easier to start!
Yeoww, Not for me. With the results they are revealing about those shots..

Old 06-07-2024, 09:22 PM

did a re-coat of painting on pass side rear door around the window. Looked like it was sitting in a garage with sunshine going through a widow and baked the paint around the top of the door from just below the car window up to the roof. I painted it a few years ago and sitting outside all the time has caused the paint to wear off again. I did another spray can job and it looks good enough from 75 feet away, so I am satisfied. it is a daily driver and not a trailer queen.
Now to get to those bubbles that have started on the rear wheel well openings.....
Old 06-08-2024, 08:18 AM
Administrator

The Covid shots don’t affect me , that was my 8th. With my immune system compromised by tge chemotherapy, a bout of Covid 19 could be fatal.

Today is sunny here, a wash and detail, then we will head out for a drive somewhere for a coffee and walk.
Old 06-09-2024, 05:14 AM
Premium Member

Took it to a shop that I trust to check a brake fluid leak on the left rear corner, plus replace a bad TPMS sensor. While they have it, I asked them to look at the clutch, which engages really close to the floor and has a bit of a crunch going into third if I'm not easy with it.

New brake cylinder, four new TPMS sensors, and a new clutch slave cylinder. I'm having them replace the clutch as long as they're in there, because labor to get to the slave cylinder is nearly 8 hours.

This will be an expensive trip. As in eye-watering.

That said, I'm not about to tackle the clutch myself, the car is otherwise in great shape, and I intend to keep it for a long while.
Old 06-09-2024, 10:39 AM

Does it retain the dash storage? Looks cool.

Originally Posted by mongo
Installed this "RPD" unit on my 07 Panel. It's a universal OBD2 display in a 3D printed case from Amped Autowerkz. Has a bunch of different screens an monitors O2 sensors, throttle position, vacuum/boost (Boost only if you have a turbo, obv) and other parameters. Can do scans and code resets. It replaces the upper part of the dash storage door and fits rather well. Being 3D printed, the texture is different from the dash, but some mild sanding might lessen the difference. Looks fine to me though. Plugs into the OBD2 port.
This has me thinking because I would like to have a back up camera, but I don’t want to change out the factory radio. The newer text screens are OK if you are stationary, but trying to drive down the road and find the right button is a nightmare. Wondering if a monitor would fit that spot
Old 06-09-2024, 10:43 AM

First trip using my 08 panel as an RV dinghy.

Drove about 300 miles, tracked straight and true. Just have to figure out why it still recorded miles and was draining my battery, in spite of installing the #8 fuse bypass. UPDATE: and thanks to all for helpful comments and advice. Just got back from our trip. Towed it about 1500 miles and put a few miles on it driving up and down the coast. It was the perfect trip companion. AC worked fabulously even in 108 degree heat we encountered for a few days.

Last edited by bjeff77; 06-21-2024 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Update
Old 06-09-2024, 03:09 PM

The rubber boots the door wires go through, make sure they are seated
these? other than some grunge around the foam, looks ok to me?

Old 06-10-2024, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Shouldn’t be any foam around it,

I suggest you pop it out, clean the foam off and reinstall it with some silicone grease around the opening to allow easier installation and some water protection

Today is blood test day then we went for breakfast.
Old 06-10-2024, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by bjeff77
This has me thinking because I would like to have a back up camera, but I don’t want to change out the factory radio. The newer text screens are OK if you are stationary, but trying to drive down the road and find the right button is a nightmare. Wondering if a monitor would fit that spot
No loss of storage. The kit runs $250 from https://ampedautowerkz.com/products/...pr_seq=uniform

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?