General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2024, 09:04 AM
Administrator

A new steering rack cured my 2011, from the rattle and clunking
Old 08-06-2024, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by PittKrewBowling
Got a new set of Falken tires…
Looks great! I think maybe I got those exact same tires. Pretty satisfied, especially at the price.

Fix it first. You’ll just be aligning it again after repair.

Maybe our cars are cousins. (Also silver 2011 LS.) Sorry about the extraneous hardware. The pic was already in my uploads.

Old 08-06-2024, 12:03 PM
Administrator

If you line up the white paint marks on the GM Rack you won’t need an alignment.
Old 08-07-2024, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by PulpFriction
Looks great! I think maybe I got those exact same tires. Pretty satisfied, especially at the price.

Fix it first. You’ll just be aligning it again after repair.

Maybe our cars are cousins. (Also silver 2011 LS.) Sorry about the extraneous hardware. The pic was already in my uploads.

Love those headlights! I was looking for more of a 'square' look with my tires - my tire guy suggested these Falkens. Asymmetric tire pattern and ride really smooth. Wasn't sure if I liked the look after I got them mounted. My wife says to me 'I bet you do once you put tire dressing on them.' She was right.
Old 08-07-2024, 01:38 PM

Love those headlights!
Thanks! Wife loves 'em too. Her daily. Black chrome to match black chrome wheels and grille.
Old 08-08-2024, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Just another trip to hospital for treatment #12.
Old 08-08-2024, 10:47 PM
Platinum Member

Got a new set of Falken tires. Replaced the steering shaft and the rubber boot was a bugger to get into place. After all the front-end work, still have that (knock knock wobble knock) sound going over railroad tracks and bumpy roads. When I get the front-end alignment done, I’ll have them check it out. I believe the only thing left is the steering rack.
Check front sway bar bushings, mine did same till I up graded them.. Then I did add the links as well..
Old 08-09-2024, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Check front sway bar bushings, mine did same till I up graded them.. Then I did add the links as well..
End of June:
New:
CV Axles
Moog Tie Rod Ends
Moog Ball Joints
KYB Shocks GR-2 Excel G
KYB Strut Plates
KYB Strut Bellows
Mevotech Sway Bar Links & Bushings
Eibach Lowering Springs
A week ago:
New Intermediate steering shaft.

Old 08-09-2024, 08:45 AM
Administrator

Have a close look at that steering rack , does the input shaft move up and down as you turn the steering wheel back and forth? The the rack is toast
Old 08-09-2024, 09:24 AM
Premium Member

Picked up my HHR yesterday after its being in the shop for two months. I took it in to have the clutch looked at, because it was engaging pretty close to the floor. There were miscellaneous other issues, and figured I'd just get it all done at once. I didn't want to deal with clutch myself, as that requires pulling the transaxle; and I wasn't prepared to do that.

It was a good decision to take it to the shop, as finding the correct clutch slave cylinder turned out to be a problem. They ordered and installed three different ones, at last succeeding with an original GM part sourced from Australia. The clutch works fine now, with no more periodic crunching while shifting into 3rd gear.

I also have a new flywheel, a new clutch master cylinder, two new rear brake calipers, two new sway bar links, four new TPMS sensors, two new wiper blades, and, although I haven't checked this morning, my two slow tire leaks should be fixed. Apparently the rims were flaking and making the beads unable to seat properly.

So I'm glad to have it back. I really missed driving it.

Now I'm thinking I'll finally install the new Redline shift boot that I bought two years ago!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?