General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2024, 10:48 AM
Premium Member

Finally installed my new B2E Depo headlights, with switchback LED signal bulbs and LED headlight bulbs. More than satisfied with the new look.

Old 08-09-2024, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Wow! Those are awesome! See you in Smithville next Tuesday!!

just headed off to hospital for treatment #13 , almost halfway through the 28 treatments. Just found out my operation might not be until November.
Old 08-09-2024, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by the_shmoo
Finally installed my new B2E Depo headlights, with switchback LED signal bulbs and LED headlight bulbs. More than satisfied with the new look.
All the headlights I've ever replaced on different cars, I had to aim them. I'm assuming HHRs are the same?
Old 08-09-2024, 05:29 PM

Looks phenomenal!

I adjusted mine. Only slight change needed. We’re too high.

There must be a truckload of pairs of cheap generics out there with bad adjusters that are disconnected and adjust nothing. It appears to be a snap fit that perhaps never got connected, or got knocked loose from impact. I was unable to fix it. I got burned twice, have heard of many other others, always seems to be the same side, driver, if I remember correctly.

Buy quality. Always check for proper adjuster operation before installing.

Last edited by PulpFriction; 08-10-2024 at 03:31 AM.
Old 08-09-2024, 08:34 PM

Route 66 Parade in Springfield, Mo!

Old 08-10-2024, 08:12 AM

Hello all, Been awhile since I posted after trading in my 2011!
And yes I am kicking myself lol
Still have 1 more HHR in the family !

Had 2 Rocker Panels install on my son's 2LT
New exhaust and a few other things !
Now fully inspected and rolling :)
I miss my 2011 LT and may grab another if I find the right one !
Old 08-13-2024, 09:16 AM

Heyo! I'm new here so let me just cover the big things since I got my '06.
I just the other day added a touch screen gps map bluetooth music auto-play-upon-startup thing, ahh I love it!

The little switch by the hood lever is for the horn. No clicker, so that just keeps it from honking every time I unlock it. - I mainly use it on private roads where there are no other cars so don't need the horn every day.

This is how she came:

Now:

I quickly yeeted the low profile tires and got new standard rims in 2012, got the vinyl wrap 3 years ago.

Things I replaced myself: rear view mirror, starter, dashboard compartment.
Things I had a shop replace, before I got into car work, mostly to fix a lot of rattling and vibration: driverside control arms, front struts, front control links, outer driver side tie rod ends, sway bar & bushings, engine mounts, front L rotor, driver door.
After that I just put in a new coolant temp sensor and radiator fan, running again!
I'm about to put in a new compressor to fix the A/C.

I also installed the hitch kit after moving rural in 2019, restored a rusty old little beat up trailer I found on the property that is just the right size for her, posted in the mileage thread.

She has been the perfect car choice for me. Even after i moved into the mtns, she can handle the light-duty towing I use her for, such as loading up the trash barrels to take to my dumpster or other projects.
When she dies I'm going to be torn between one of the latest HHR models or a truck now that I live rural.
Old 08-13-2024, 11:28 AM

The HHR sat and watched me replacing the rear pads on the 2008 Trailblazer this morning. Wanted to get done before it got too hot out. Luckily my son came out and helped, I don't get up and down as well anymore, so the help was appreciated! Next comes front left wheel bearing... been making a bit of noise for a while now so maybe it is time to replace. No movement, just annoying noise.
Old 08-13-2024, 12:08 PM
Administrator

Today a trip to Smithville for coffee with the_shmoo, those headlights look really good! Later I’m headed back to the hospital for radiation #14 , as yesterday’s appointment was cancelled.
Old 08-15-2024, 07:28 PM

Good luck with #14!!

Today after the rain, I peeled off the Flex-Seal tape around the moonroof, and put some new stuff in place. That stuff sticks good and is quite a chore to get most of it off. Glad I only do it about once a year to keep the roof sealed up. I am not one of those guys who needs a hole in the roof, but every vehicle I own has at least one hole in the roof.

Also changed my HHR license plate to read KE0JRT (Ham Radio call sign)..... changed it off the Land Rover since I don't drive the LR too much. and it has 2 holes in the roof....

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?