General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Deceased

I think I might have figured out a way to do it, going to hit the Radio Shack this weekend and then root up a blue dot from the junk box. Once I've gathered things up I'll try something on a spare Corvair taillight, if it works I'll post up a how-to for folks to check out.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:43 PM
Banned

Are you talking a blue LED from the shack in a clear housing that's been silicon'ed in?
Old 03-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Deceased

Nope Kev, what I'm thinking is fabbing up an LED setup to illuminate a blue dot conversion so you get the effect you used to. On old style lights there was more of a central focal point so that when you put in blue dots they really lit up and gave you a nice effect. The lights on the HHR and many others don't have that focal "hot spot" of light so you just get a dark blue spot instead of a nice blue "spot". Here an example of what I'm talking about. Borrowed your pic as an example speedwagen, hope you don't mind.
Attached Images  
Old 03-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Premium Member

super glue a single led on the back it will light it up
Old 03-18-2011, 11:26 PM
Platinum Member

843-

Sounds interesting.. Hope your idea pans out.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:44 PM
Banned

You might do it too then Billy?
Old 03-18-2011, 11:48 PM
Platinum Member

well, I have Blue dots on my bikes.. So yes me Panel could use some that glowed. I just haven't had time to concentrate on this dealio..
Old 03-18-2011, 11:50 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by SS fan
It doesn't take hydraulics for that, just reach in there with your thumb and fore finger, pinch that visa card and pull it out !!
No it sure doesn't, but they are $1,670.00.(Painted)Plus Shipping.

I had planned on buying them even before buying my Panel, but that changed when I found my Panel sooner than I anticipated I would find the one I wanted at the price I wanted. Decided to just add more to my down payment instead.

I do use my bank card for online purchases, But, it is set up to take the Full purchase directly out of my checking account immediately. So anything I have bought so far for my Panel has been actually paid for in Cash.

This go round was , '55 Tail Lights, Or All the underhood mirror polished stainless steel, some other exterior pieces and also some of the interior ones as well, all at 2-300.00 less than the tail lights. I chose to get the Chrome.

I did finance part of my Panel in July of 2010, planned on having it paid off in 1 year by making Triple payments each month.

I decided to pay it off even Sooner, so as soon as our tax refund is in the bank I am paying it off in full. Taxes are done and filed electronically so it shouldn't be long before the feds make the deposit.

Got a few more things planned for the Panel, more chrome and stainless steel arrive on Monday according to UPS Tracking. Then some other ideas are in the works for it as well.

Sooner or later the tail lights will be ordered, and they'll be paid for in full when I do go for them.
I could have bought the chrome/stainless tail light rings when I bought a bunch of stuff Dory was selling but since I knew I would be getting the other tail lights I passed on them, thats why my tail lights are just stock OEM still.

No sence in buying the rings just to tear them off later.
Or even installing blue dots, saving them for the new tail lights.
I only buy items for my cars and bikes when I have the Cash in hand to do so.
Using Credit and paying Interest on luxury/fun items isn't a good idea. IMO.

Now if my roof blew off the house or my central AC or furnace died sure i'd use a credit card if I did not have the cash readily available, to get them fixed ASAP.

But not for my Toys. Just been putting cash aside and deciding which mods or accessories fit the amount of fun money I had set aside, this time it was the chrome, stainless steel and or aluminum accessories that won out.

And today I installed the rear hatch mirror polished aluminum strut covers that match the hood ones I installed the other day.

I'm having alot of Fun with my little Black Panel.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:36 AM

Installed a 50 series delta 3 chamber Flowmaster, and Stainless tip. Has a nice tone, not ricey at all, and looks great with the new tip. I was surprised at the amount of pep it added to the 2.2 at take off, and on passing. I will try to install K&N filter in stock box in the morning.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:50 AM
Banned

And a how to write up with parts costs too, riiiiiight?

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?