General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by Andy2.0
Im thinking about doing that at some point, once I get back home to my car. How hard was it to take off the intierior panels? Did have some sort of reference sheet or just wing it? How thin was the trim on the last two quater panels?

Not hard to remove, some push clips here and there are visable, then clips behind interior panels just snap in place so you just give them a gentle Pull to remove.
No reference sheet, I am a former body & fender /auto painter, did it full time for 12 years in my younger days. So this type stuff is pretty basic stuff for me.

I was going to build some sort of frame that would support most of the weight from the Subs and Amps, and run from one side of the trunk, up over the top and back down to the other side. I would also end up lowering the headliner about the thickness of the Amps I buy, and flush mounting the Amps on the new lower ceiling.

I haven't had any of the intierior trim off yet so any insight would be great!
Not sure that I would want to put my amps up under the roofs headliner.

I think you will have some major overheating problems mounting them there.
The sun beating down on the roof heats it up really Hot.

The roofs 2 cross braces are not that deep, and the overhead dome lights have a Magnet built into them and stick to the "ribs" to hold them and the headliner up snug.

I am not really a fan of "Caps", I think they are a gimmick/band aid fix that kids think look cool but are not a really good answer to an overburdoned electrical system. Adding a second battery, a higher output alternator, or adding a second alternator are Much Better and more reliable options. IMO.

I did buy a 1 farod rockford fosgate cap brand new only because they had them on clearance locally at best buy for 25 bucks. But I doubt if I will use it at all, After doing more research on their use.

The location you have earmarked for your sub could work if done well, the area is pretty small. You'll need to address the interior panels vibration as well as the body, look at earlier posts I made here I show the rear end done in the sound barrier. There are other "layers" that you can add, for now I am just doing what I have and see how it sounds, if needed I will add them.

The backs of my plastic interior panels are being covered in the sound barrier as well.

You can read for weeks on audio sites about sound deadening so I'll let you make up your own mind on whats best for you to use.

Make a Thick Custom Fit fiberglass sub box for that location.

I am still debating with myself on my amps and 12"sub location, it must keep my Panel 100% usable, be Stealthy, but when at a car show can be fully displayed, and Show Quality, a tough nut to crack I know. Oh AND I want to keep my spare tire too.

I have been looking at custom installs for several months, and have a few ideas for my system.

My 12" subwoofer only requiers a 0.5-1.0 cubic foot box with 0.8 being optimal.

Good luck and have fun with your install.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:35 AM

Quick detail out in the driveway....... She sat in the garage all day yesterday. Gotta head out in a bit and get back before the heat get's to bad.......

All that rain this spring and now drought. Fun!
Old 07-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Deceased

Got the '11(Boo Boo)back from the dealer, the shift cable had come loose on the transmission end, according to the tech it might not have been installed right from day 1. Kind of strange driving one of your HHR's(Paddy), while being followed by another of your HHR's being driven by the someone else, twice my brain went "well that's a sharp HHR back there, oops it my HHR back there"...I'm getting senile that's all that can explain that.

Big thanks as usual to Mynatt's Chevrolet for the quick and efficient service, and the loan of a service adviser to get the Boo-Mobile back home.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:05 PM

Dear 843de,

Thank you for sharing the outcome of having your HHR into the dealership. I do apologize that you had to have the vehicle in there for work, but I am glad that Mynatt's Chevrolet has come through for you again. It is awesome read the posts where the owner and their vehicles are taken care of with good customer service.

I hope that you have a great week!

Sincerely,
Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 07-11-2011, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by ChevroletCustomerService
Dear 843de,

Thank you for sharing the outcome of having your HHR into the dealership. I do apologize that you had to have the vehicle in there for work, but I am glad that Mynatt's Chevrolet has come through for you again. It is awesome read the posts where the owner and their vehicles are taken care of with good customer service.

I hope that you have a great week!

Sincerely,
Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Great Customer Service at Colonial West in Fitchburg Mass.

Mine's going back later this week again due to Onstar antena and cable replacement and the damn ESC is acting up again.

So far they repaired/replaced:

yaw sensor - ESC problem
turn signal assembly - return quit working
driver's seat belt assembly - quit retracting
end links
right side front shock assembly - leaking shock
sealed fuse box - fried while in their care - holy hell to get one, took 2 weeks

they got GM to cover what the extended warranty co. wouldn't
they also got GM to cover the part of the rental that ext.war.co. wouldn't

100% covered, no $$ out of pocket, 100% satisfied
Old 07-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Deceased

Well thanks for writing Michelle, its always nice when Chevrolet shows interest in their customers after the sale. There is no need to apologize for the fact that it broke down, these things will happen in life and you just have to take them in stride, its fixed and all is good.

I'm glad to hear you have a good dealership to work with too Mowgli, once you get a good relationship going with a dealership you like, life is so much easier. Hope they can exorcise the ghosts in the machine this time around, it sure seems like they're going above and beyond.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:14 PM

Got out and back before......

Wait for it......

The torrential downpour/hail storm!

Good that she was in the garage, but I've yet to see what the basement looks like.

It came down so hard and fast I doubt it did anything for the drought....... Most of the water is probably in said basement.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:29 PM

I looked at how dirty it is and cried.

The road to my house has been a dirt road for the past month or so, I keep waiting for the repaving to wash... but it is killing me.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by asanti
Drove it like I stole it! All's well in Red Hearse land. Granted I paid out the a$$ for labor, but she feels normal again, and I'm glad my bonehead move didn't do ANY damage. My problem was a lower TMAP sensor failure, nothing to do w/ leaving my wrench under the hood. Now to wash it and make plans for the weekend (wish I had more HHR enthusiasts around to meet up with now!).

Later
Allex
I here ya brother.Not many around here. A lot of HHRs but none on here that I see. I did see one today that had black wheels on it but other than that not to much notice around here
Old 07-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Rest In Peace

Made a pot of Coffee early this morning, was enjoying my second large cup and at about 8AM a storm came through, rain and very high winds.

Watched the trees bending in the wind a fairly large sized branch came down and landed in between our cars in the driveway, were it fell, I can't believe it did not land on my Panels Hood or hit my wifes Chevy Venture, landed in between them facing hood to hood as I am backed in the driveway so they were facing each other.

I DON'T want my car hit, the wife WANTS hers hit.

Her hood is chipped up and she wants it repainted. But my Panels projects have got in the way of me getting to that Chore here. I did touch up the chips and buff it out in the Spring tho.

Fired up the Generator and hooked up the AC , Fridge, and the Direct TV so we were not living in the Dark Ages all day. Power went back on at about 6PM.

Put the Generator away and went out and got 3 Yards of Black Signature Series Suede. As soon as the Dome light I bought gets here, I will be recovering my headliner from the light gray to a much better color to go with my Black interior and exterior. I already painted the upper pillars that were also light gray, they looked so out of place with the Ebony (Black) Interior.

The material was on sale for 50% off, from 24.99 a yard to $12.49 a yard. Got Lucky I looked up the material at the right time.

(I can never get good pics of Black Material, it always looks washed out, but it is Black in person.)

I Almost bought the Purple they had in the same suede. It was a hard choice, but I ended up deciding to go with the Black.

Name:  910ba018.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  31.3 KB

Name:  d8458465.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  26.9 KB

I will like the headliner much better in Black and with the added dome light up front.

Last edited by American & Proud; 07-12-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?