General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Rest In Peace

GB,
He seemed to be in an Awful HURRY to sell it in his AD here. No other posts, then one just to bash a certain Chevy Dealer and salesman for his own Lack of checking wtf he actually was buying. Seems odd either way. I still say he Knew, when it was posted here for sale.

On Topic,

I am working on some Spiders I may or may Not use on my Headliner.

Recovering it with Black Suede and thinking about Embossing something in it up there.

Might try a Cemetary Scene, old knarly trees, tombstones, iron fencing, crypt. Not sure still working on it here. I wanted a Skeleton, but that would need alot of airbrush work.

Large Spider is 32" X 15".

The white Disk is my Template for the extra Dome Light I am adding up front.

Same material I will use to cut out the Spiders, or whatever I decide to Emboss in the headliner.

IF I do any embossing at all.

Name:  dee81e64.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  56.0 KB

Name:  df3b79a4.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  57.9 KB

As long as I am recovering my headliner, gotta do some kinda Custom work to it.

I think even with the basic Spider I will need to do some airbrush shadowing, with a touch, just a touch, of white in places and maybe some Purple.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by 843de
I don't know Greybeard, 3 posts in total, 2 of which were a "for sale" ad and a post about trading it if it didn't sell soon. Even giving the benefit of a doubt, I think he knew about the prior damage and was attempting to use the site to dump the vehicle.

I have noticed that some folks pop up here and very soon after they post an ad to dump their HHR, coincidence, I think not.

Originally Posted by American & Proud
GB,
He seemed to be in an Awful HURRY to sell it in his AD here. No other posts, then one just to bash a certain Chevy Dealer and salesman for his own Lack of checking wtf he actually was buying. Seems odd either way. I still say he Knew, when it was posted here for sale.

I din't say that he didn't know, or that everything was above board..... or that is wasn't suspicious that his only posts were the classifieds.

I was saying that we don't know what the circumstances were. We should not accuse without all the facts...... An all to common trait in the world today.

Back to OT........................ I don't have an OT.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:16 PM

His first two posts really weren't much of an effort on his part if selling was his intention and the third one was to announce that he traded it. How should one read that? There's really not much to conclude. Oh, and I rotated the tires on my wife's HHR today.......
Old 07-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Rest In Peace

Don't really care, it's gone, he's gone. When I first saw his for sale AD, it seemed he wanted it gone ASAP and it sure did not seem to me that the old line of "need a bigger car" was the real motive there.
Then he comes to the what did you do to your HHR today thread instead of his AD to announce its sold for a ford, and how the dealer and salesman pulled the wool over his eyes somehow, because he did not bother to Look at the carfax himself.

I stick by my original reply to him. Like it or not. End of that topic for me.

OT,
I traced out my Spider on the foam board I have. I need to redraw some areas a little wider, then will do a Test glue up on scrap to see if it looks ok or not. Gonna have to round over the legs and was gonna add depth to the body and round it some as well.

Name:  bbac8014.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  31.1 KB

Name:  5d1c81f1.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  24.1 KB

Name:  83cf14e5.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  21.0 KB
Old 07-24-2011, 09:11 PM

I rode in the back while my fiancee drove me home from the movies! I wonder if anyone saw me get in the back while she sat in the drivers seat:) LOL!!! Anyway the purpose of this was to find squeek that I could only find by sitting in the back of which came from the rubber bumpers on the side of the rear hatch - we think:) May not be my last time riding in the back over bumby roads!
Old 07-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Deceased

Well almost kept them parked for the whole weekend, then a friend called asking for a favor. So I fired Paddy and Boo Boo up to pull them out while my friend relieved me of my engine hoist, trans jack, engine stand, and four jack stands. The next time Ricky comes calling for things to borrow, I'll just let him have the dang garage for a couple of days, seems like every time he comes around I feel like I've been mugged.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:44 AM

I'm plotting calling to see about swiching rentals. Not sure how long the HHR will be in this time and the brakes/rotors are shot on this Impalla with 31k on it. Vibrates when driving, and like shakes when braking.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:57 AM

@ A&P ...totally bad ass Brother , I love yer style ...me I want to do my whole headliner in a satin Gather to resemble the inside of a coffin ! Eventually as finds are down to a crawl & have a big camping trip comming up in spring ... but that is one wicked spider brother !

Actually As for Wrecked HHR's I am trying to get the VA rep at unemployment to send me to the local Tech Collage for welding classes ... sure its an investment but mostly I want to learn to weld for things like , (sort of but not really off topic) taking the rear quater of a fallen HHR and make a trailer from it to match Vampirella! Okay Okay I know its what did you DO to your HHR today not "WANT" to do ... but i didnt have much and wanted to contribute too
Old 07-25-2011, 09:36 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by Ogre999
@ A&P ...totally bad ass Brother , I love yer style ...me I want to do my whole headliner in a satin Gather to resemble the inside of a coffin ! Eventually as finds are down to a crawl & have a big camping trip comming up in spring ... but that is one wicked spider brother !

Actually As for Wrecked HHR's I am trying to get the VA rep at unemployment to send me to the local Tech Collage for welding classes ... sure its an investment but mostly I want to learn to weld for things like , (sort of but not really off topic) taking the rear quater of a fallen HHR and make a trailer from it to match Vampirella! Okay Okay I know its what did you DO to your HHR today not "WANT" to do ... but i didnt have much and wanted to contribute too
Thanks I appreciate it.

Still unsure on doing the Spider or not. If I can find a long lost buddy that did some amazing airbrush work I'd like to get a pretty gruesome scene done on my headliner.

Your coffin top would look pretty damn cool dude.

Do a search here, there was a pretty Bad Ass trailer for sale awhile back.
Found it, heres the link to it.
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...hlight=trailer
Here is one of the 3 pics of it.

I found a local guy making these, not cheap but I find myself wanting one and putting one of my life sized medical (4th quality) skeletons in it lifting the top as you drive with a fog machine and inside purple black lights to make it glow.

Name:  4e35033c.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  7.7 KB

Old 07-25-2011, 09:40 AM

went to home depot yesterday. And Bought insulation for my house.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?