General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 10:26 PM

I didn't do much more that drive mine today but I noticed the local Chevy dealer has a 2010 Black SS with 2000 miles for sale........oh the temptation.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:41 PM

What I did?

I don't have an HHR yet, but today I spent about 5 hours on the internet looking for it.

I'm looking for a black panel with the 2.4 and a sunroof.

I have faith it's really out there, and hope I find it before I settle for something different.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Deceased

Navigated Boo Boo home from Charlotte, and then navigated myself onto the couch with cold medicine and the remote. My loving wife is taking care of me, and threatening me that if I don't stay down and rest, she'll kill me faster than the cold will.

Have faith kayakjax, you'll find an HHR soon, there are plenty of them out there....you just have to look around the right corner.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:43 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by kayakjax
I don't have an HHR yet, but today I spent about 5 hours on the internet looking for it.

I'm looking for a black panel with the 2.4 and a sunroof.

I have faith it's really out there, and hope I find it before I settle for something different.
Keep on Looking!!!

Do NOT Settle, Find what you want Exactly and NEVER settle !

Honestly, you will only kick yourself in the rear later if you do.

Black Panels are out there, FIND it. Even if you have to get a oneway plane ticket to go pick it up and drive it back home.

I started looking for my Black Panel and was ready to jump on a plane if I had to.
Luckily I found mine only about an hours drive from me with 19,000 miles on it.
I did Not want the sunroof, but thats personal preference.

Mine is an '08 2LT 2.4 automatic.

The day you "settle" and just buy something, Anything, a week or so later the Perfect Black Panel will pop up and you'll be kicking yourself for as long as you own the other one you really truely did not want.

Take your time and keep looking.

Welcome aboard too.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Uma
Allex, I hate to ask what you paid to have the headlight bulbs installed, but I must. I hate doing it!! I am a big guy, 6'3'', 300 lbs, and big hands to boot! To make things worse I have 20" rims. It is really tough getting these hands in there, I did do silverstar though LOL. Todd (uma)
Sorry for the late reply Todd, but they charged me an hour's labor ($90 + CT tax; would have been $20 and a beer if the manager WASN'T there ). Granted that's for doing EVERYTHING I needed, including futzing with the exhaust. I could have done it myself but like you I'm a bigger guy with a not so tiny left arm! In my case I would have just as well taken the tires off to get the clearance I needed to get in there. Honestly I was too tired from all the driving earlier in the day to go through all that. My Silverstar bulbs lasted me just about 1 1/2 yrs or so BTW. Love them but I just had them put the stock bulbs I'd saved from the initial bulb swap.

Later
Allex

Last edited by asanti; 09-20-2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: diction correction!
Old 09-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Premium Member

Time to break out my headlight project box. The days are getting shorter, want to get the projectors and hids done.

Kayakjax there was a red 2lt panel built for the corvette museum for sale here it was the best equiped pannel I have seen don't know if it is still out there but a search in the classifieds might turn it up. look here it is nice panel. https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...ght=sale+panel
Attached Images  
Old 09-20-2011, 10:30 AM

@kayakjax, have you tried looking at the GM Certified Used Vehicles site?

If you are seeking a brand new model, I can search nationwide for the vehicle that you are seeking to see what dealerships might have these vehicles in their inventory still. In order for me to do this for you, I will need all the specifics that you are seeking in the HHR.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 09-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Deceased

If writing the check for the annual premium to State Farm qualifies as doing "something" with my HHR's, then I did something. Otherwise they are all parked while I watch old movies on TCM and suffer through this bleeping head cold.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:08 PM

SS fan, I saw that listing. It is a very nice panel, but I've been driving a Victory Red S10 that I bought new in November 2000 (it's a 2001). I'd really, really like to drive something a different color for a while. I kinda have my heart set on black at this point.

Michelle, if you're talking about this site: http://www.gmcertified.com/ for some reason I'm unable to scroll through the models to get to the HHR's. I don't know if it's a temporary site glitch, or my old laptop, but it's giving me fits.

I haven't really considered new vehicles, because all the dealers I've shopped are out of new ones.

I'm looking for a panel that MUST be Black, MUST have the 2.4 engine and MUST have the Sunroof. While everything else is flexible, I'd really like a 2LT with Leather Seats, but that's not a deal breaker.

DaGrinch was surfing the net and found me exactly what I'm looking for, but it's in Baton Rouge, 12 hours away. That's a LONG way for me to go to buy a used car, but I'm keeping it in mind if I can't find something closer.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:53 PM

Weekend projects

Got all my ordered stuff in this weekend and got it all on the car. I'm not too happy about how the vinyl turned out on the bowties, but I'm going to save painting them for another weekend.

Black vinyl on front bowtie

Black SS on driver side

Black SS on passenger side (closer pic)

Stubby antenna

Rear bowtie and SS with the black

Side view after all was said and done

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?