General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 07:43 PM

[QUOTE=American & Proud;626430]

It will be nice to keep the bird droppings OFF Morticia while parked in my own driveway.

My neighbors tree has grown over my driveway so the birds have a spot right over were I park.

The > if he don't trim it back off my property real soon. I have a New chain for my chainsaw, I'll hack it back Off my property if he don't trim it back himself.

Check your local laws. Here in Nassau County & NY -if it hangs over the property line-kill it. I would ask your neighbor first-if they won't, be gentle in your explanation about trimming back the tree branches. The Police around here respond to people cutting others trees, but once they see it is over the prop line & you gave ample chance for the tree owner to do it themselves, IT IS ADIOS TREE LIMBS!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:12 PM
Rest In Peace

[quote=BlackknighT;626432]
Originally Posted by American & Proud

It will be nice to keep the bird droppings OFF Morticia while parked in my own driveway.

My neighbors tree has grown over my driveway so the birds have a spot right over were I park.

The > if he don't trim it back off my property real soon. I have a New chain for my chainsaw, I'll hack it back Off my property if he don't trim it back himself.

Check your local laws. Here in Nassau County & NY -if it hangs over the property line-kill it. I would ask your neighbor first-if they won't, be gentle in your explanation about trimming back the tree branches. The Police around here respond to people cutting others trees, but once they see it is over the prop line & you gave ample chance for the tree owner to do it themselves, IT IS ADIOS TREE LIMBS!

Same Laws here basically. The neighbor on his otherside had a tree service come and she had them cut two of his trees that overhang the property line over her house. She was mad because her gutters kept getting clogged. Cops were called and they told the him she was within her rights to cut those trees even with the property line.

This guy told me two years ago he was gonna have the tree over my property cut down, and never did so. And it is a friggin MESSY tree that drops seeds twice a year, leaves drop, then the stems drop after tghe damn leaves have fallen.

I am constantly washing bird crap off and pulling leaves seeds and stems off my cars, if this Cover don't get my point across this time, I will REMOVE the branches over my property.

Name:  d7dffd0a.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  82.9 KB

Pic from last year, his tree is totally over my driveway and encroaching MY trees.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Premium Member

Trim it at the ground, so it won't grow back. The guy should cut it.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by SS fan
Trim it at the ground, so it won't grow back. The guy should cut it.
The last 2-3 years he has been having Trouble with his city sewer drains, Tree Roots from that tree in his sewer lines, he'd have roto rooter out 3 times a year to clear it.

Finally last year he had another plumbing outfit come out and they dug the 6 foot deep from house to sidewalk trench to replace the line.

Cost him about $3,000.00 and they told him that tree is right over it and the roots WILL get back in there if he don't remove that tree.

I have been very Patient waiting for him to TRIM it at the very least. This year I will warn him he has 1 week, if not Trimmed back, I WILL CUT IT BACK.

Every day at least twice a day all year long even in winter I take a few wet paper towels and go wipe the bird crap off my cars because of that friggin tree.

Done being a nice guy with this guy.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:43 PM
Platinum Member

Get that chainsaw fired up already...

Had a great cruise today, windows open & giving the twisties & good run for it...
Old 03-15-2012, 01:14 AM
Deceased

Had the windows down too sleeper, well until some kids in a "Full Rice" Civic pulled up next to us at a light in Concord playing their (C)rap music loud enough to rattle our teeth. When the light changed I left a few feet of Continental rubber on the street, and a car load of deaf Ricers getting ever smaller in the rear view mirror.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Administrator

gave her a wash and detail then sat back and watched as a couple walked up took a closer look and asked what is that?? some antique English car, I pointed out the bowtie and the woman said , well anyone could have glued that on! I showed them this site, now she knows what an HHR is and wants one for herself!! He was indifferent!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Deceased

An old English car huh, well I suppose there is a passing resemblance to a Morris Minor Traveler, sounds like you created a convert there Oldblue.....keep up the good work!
Attached Images  
Old 03-15-2012, 11:43 AM

Well I had to go by the dealership to pick up another temporary tag because mine blew off. I then went straight to autozone and picked up a clear cover and some nice stainless screw for the tag along with a wind shield thing to keep the sun out.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:20 PM

Today I installed Keylessfix inserts in the remotes-didn't make any difference, they are still slow-sluggish. John

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?