General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by chefhhr
The newer Equinox is much better than the first gen models and look great for a teenage girl, but to me they are just not manly enough. Most entry level SUV's yell "woman" but that's just my opinion. So far I've enjoyed the HHR and the brakes and auto trans seem right on par for an entry level crossover vehicle. I agree about the drum brakes, but thus far this thing has stopped on a dime every time I've needed it to. Enjoy your new ride!
Ok, you are suggesting that a new Equinox is not manly enough and you drive an HHR? Really? I don't get caught up in how macho a car looks. Being a sports car enthusiest, I think the Miata is one of the best cars of all time, yet there are those who only see it as a girly car. I would rather drive one than a Corvette. To each their own. See ya further on up the road....
Old 04-01-2012, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by scubaguy10
Ok, you are suggesting that a new Equinox is not manly enough and you drive an HHR? Really? I don't get caught up in how macho a car looks. Being a sports car enthusiest, I think the Miata is one of the best cars of all time, yet there are those who only see it as a girly car. I would rather drive one than a Corvette. To each their own. See ya further on up the road....
Don't get upset buddy, it's just an opinion. I didnt say the new equinox was ugly, just that it's a little small for me and that you usually see women driving the smaller SUVs. My favorite suv of all time is the Nissan murano and I've never seen a man driving one. If we want to get technical, more women drive SUVs. Miatas are girly, but you see mainly older guys driving them. I agree that a stock HHR is also kinda girly...but how many girls do you driving them? Small SUVs just aren't for me...sorry.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:23 AM

In my area, I see lots of women driving HHRs. Also see lots of women driving Mustangs. If you like it, drive it. Your opinion is the only one that matters for your car. I bet my wife would love an Equinox.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Deceased

I've never really bought into the whole "Guy Car" vs. "Girl Car" thing, people are going to drive what they like.

My Mom has driven a "Guy Car" for ages, she only buys Corvettes, her current one is nearing 150,000 miles so she actually drives them(ruins them according to the Corvette people, it seems that actually driving a 'Vette isn't what their meant for). Some guys take them out on Saturday to the country club, and then its right back into the garage where they polish them for hours. Total mileage since new is maybe 500 miles, and they are proud of that.

I knew a kid in law school who drove the ultimate "Girl Car" back then, a VW Rabbit Cabrio, and he got tons of dates because the ladies thought his car was so "cute and cuddly".

Do I feel a little self conscious when I "borrow" my wife's new Fiat 500C, yeah a bit. That car is like an adorable puppy, people seem to want to pet it and rub it under its chin, "Oh what a cute little car, who's a cute car, you're a cute car...yes you are!".

This is an especially embarrassing problem in downtown Charlotte, "Ma'am, you need to stop petting my car now, the light just changed". But its a hoot to drive, and you gotta admit the critter is...ummm...cute.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Premium Member

Ha Ha I can picture you driving the Fiat wearing them Bermuda shorts. We can say you are comfortable with your sexuality. If you add a cute puppy to the Cabriolet, couldn't run them off!!!

What's up with the fellas who lift their truck, to get them monster mudders (without flaps of course)on there, which makes their simulated testicles swing right in front of your wife's nose when you stop at a light?? Macho??
Attached Images  
Old 04-01-2012, 10:13 AM

My manhood doesn't need that much help.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Breadfan
My manhood doesn't need that much help.
Those would drag a little on your SS,.... might throw a code !!!
Old 04-01-2012, 10:17 AM

Error BA115 perhaps?
Old 04-01-2012, 11:12 AM

Just got back from doing my rear cobalt springs. Theres only a quarter inch difference between the front and back now and it still needs to settle. I'm pretty satisfied for now.

The bowties came out pretty good too that I painted yesterday...

Old 04-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Premium Member

Yea they did, looks great !!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?