General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Banned

Left it set all week.. Darn work!
Old 06-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Deceased

Son, there's only one solution to that, crank up Stiggz and blow the carbon out.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:36 PM

Baby has had a rough year so far

In the first 3 months:
Rear-ended in January, an hour after repair pick up:
Basket rammed into front left fender (February: hit & run)
Three hours after pick up in March: rear-ended again
Total cost of repairs over $3K
out-of-pocket: $250 (deductible for fender replacement)

Kissing 60K (should hit this week), so had all filters and stuff cleaned and replaced when it was at the dealer getting second rear-end fender repaired.

Started "shaking" a few weeks ago, finally had time yesterday to get that seen to and ended up having to get new brake pads, tire rotation and wheel alignment. No rotor repairs thankfully!

Took Sirius Blackie to get washed and shined afterwards.

He'll be five years old August 31st. Still love my baby.

Watts Towers, South Los Angeles, CA

Last edited by afs9; 06-09-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by chefhhr
I'll be completely done with the exterior of the wagon!
Yea right......

60% chance of rain tomorrow, so I might call you this evening. If it rains tomorrow, will drive the wifes.. Haven't cleaned it up yet.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by afs9
In the first 3 months:
Rear-ended in January, an hour after repair pick up:
Basket rammed into front left fender (February: hit & run)
Three hours after pick up in March: rear-ended again
Total cost of repairs over $3K
out-of-pocket: $250 (deductible for fender replacement)

Kissing 60K (should hit this week), so had all filters and stuff cleaned and replaced when it was at the dealer getting second rear-ened fender repaired.

Started "shaking" a few weeks ago, finally had time yesterday to get that seen to and ended up having to get new brake pads, tire rotation and wheel alignment. No rotor repairs thankfully!

Took Sirius Blackie to get washed and shined afterwards.

He'll be five years old August 31st. Still love my baby.

Watts Towers, South Los Angeles, CA
Still looking good...
Old 06-09-2012, 01:05 PM

Thanks, Solman! Been lucky with this car -- other than sunroof replacement the first year, only other issues are normal wear and tear and I'm anal about keeping up on things.

I dislike putting over 70 miles a day on him now in not very nice traffic, so have been thinking of looking for an inexpensive used car with better mileage so that I don't wear out the HHR. Even my sister loves driving it now for the "cool factor" (she didn't like the Rallye Wheels at first).

If it hadn't been for all the accidents, I would have had the wheels powder-coated glossy black by now. Maybe later this summer.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:42 PM

I finally got to put some hours in on the fresh paint job. Spent the day putting back in place most of the door and window rubber as well as door handles. Finished the day up front by replacing the bumper center plastic insert and installing new depo headlights.
I couldn't resist photoshopping a low low picture. My wife wasn't as stoked about the look. Might have to split the difference and only go a few inches ;(

Name:  5bd882ce.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  82.8 KB
Old 06-09-2012, 11:05 PM

Howdy folks,
Finally got a break in the rain,long enough to wash and wax my hhr.
Hard to believe a car can get dirty just sitting in the rain.
Oh well. Hope the back get feeling better Mike and you pop is still in our prayers.
Everyone enjoy your sunday.
Happy HHR_ing
Old 06-10-2012, 06:51 AM
Rest In Peace

Hand washed Morticia yesterday, started to clay bar her, but decided a buff and a wax job was in order so I will be doing that this morning before we hit 93 degrees today. 72 currently @ 6:20AM. Supposed to Rain on Monday then drop to upper 70's on Tuesday and Wednesday, May Wax her on Tuesday, but want to get the "Swirls" Buffed out today at least.

Just placed an order with Glow Shift this morning.

Ordered up a Universal dual gauge pod, Digital Wideband Air/Fuel Gauge, a T-Shirt and a couple of Glow Shift Stickers.

Bought a Glow Shift 30 PSI Boost Gauge last July. I finally bought the Digital Widband gauge today, they arent cheap so I put it off until I felt I was getting closer to installing the Supercharger.

I used a 10% Off Coupon for returning custoners so that saved me a few bucks bringing the order down to $210.54.

Now the only big ticket item left for my Supercharger install is buying the HPTuner stuff. Getting closer to installing it now.

My Mechanic who owns his shop and said him and I can use the Shop to install the M-62 Supercharger no charge for us installing it over a weekend, recently hired a mechanic who owns a Supercharged Cobalt SS, so that will be a Plus.

Still in No hurry to do it yet, got a couple fiberglass projects to get done before starting the Blower Project just filling in a few last missing pieces of my "Kit".

Old 06-10-2012, 07:45 AM
Banned

Took Stiglitz out for a quick dust blow off to get some adult beverages after a long week of work. Gave him a little shoe warmer on the way back to my hotel. Happy as can be. :)

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?