General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 03:19 AM

SS Fan,
Is it the lighting, or the angle, or did you partially blacken some of the grill bars on your Panel? It looks good from here!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Peebles24
If I remember correctly though the PAL doesn't charge the IPOD which was the reason I didn't pursue finding one.
The one I am looking at charges. It allows you to fully control the IPod, puts all the info on the radio display, charges and does not interfere with ONStar or XM. It is made by Peripheral/PAC/iSimple.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:53 AM
Premium Member

That's a trained eye, I changed the bowtie to black.

I have the radio from my 09 that has blue tooth, would it be easier to add one of them Peripheral/PAC/iSimple. Or change the head unit ??
Old 07-24-2012, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by SS fan
That's a trained eye, I changed the bowtie to black.

I have the radio from my 09 that has blue tooth, would it be easier to add one of them Peripheral/PAC/iSimple. Or change the head unit ??
I have an 09 but no bluetooth. Is your Bluetooth factory or aftermarket? This unit has a seperate to plug in bluetooth but I don't know for sure if it works with factory bluetooth or not. here is what it does do.

•Brand new, in the retail packaging
•Plug and play (Unlike other kits, there's no splicing required.)
•Includes vehicle-specific cable (Others sell it separately)
•Control your iPod functions from the radio (so you can keep your iPod out of sight) OR the iPod
•Displays song title & artist on satellite capable radios
•Charges your iPod while it is connected (*** Unless noted below)
•Compatible with most iPods (see list below)
•Apple-licensed connector for superior performance
•Has an extra input. Add Bluetooth, HD Radio, Sirius, or another device (see DETAILS)
•Extra auxiliary input comes with both RCA and stereo mini (headphone type) connections
•Direct connection (No FM modulator or cassette adapter required)
•Compatible with or without factory steering wheel controls
•Compatible with or without factory navigation system
•Compatible with or without remote factory CD changer
•Compatible with or without BOSE sound system
•Compatible with or without Onstar
•Compatible with or without factory Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) DVD system
•Compatible with or without factory XM
•Factory radio must have a CAT button to ensure compatibility (Except navigation radios)
•We're an authorized Peripheral/PAC/iSimple dealer (Ensures you get a valid warranty.)
•1 year warranty

Hope this helps you.
Allen
Old 07-24-2012, 11:29 AM

I drove one of them today, and I am wondering why my 2.4 wont even get close to what my 2.0 did on gas mileage. I am sure I have read about mileage in the 30's, mine is getting 24 if I drive it like Grandma's chauffeur. The SS was getting 27,and I defiantly drive it like I stole it, hauling the same load, whats the secret ?? Is it the big block ??
I think the secret to the ss getting better gas mileage at say 70 plus is in the gearing
Anything over 65 and my ol 2.4 would drop gas mileage considerably
with the ss it runs somewhere around 500 rpm's lower from what I remember at Highway speed.
Not to mention a turbo is a very efficient way of making power and getting good gas mileage
just a guess though
Old 07-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Deceased

Glad you are having a great time with the Cannibal Queen. Don't forget the camera, we would like a few highlights !
Not to worry Sam, we're taking plenty of pics. Today was "Piper Cub Day" celebrating the 75th anniversary of the introduction of the J-3 Cub, more than 100 of the little yellow critters are on display and flying about.

My "HHR" baseball cap brought another owner out of the woodwork, a really funny gal from San Francisco who flies a Beechcraft Bonanza. She got a HHR.net business card and an invite to join the fun here.

I'll have some photos up tomorrow night, right now I'm holding my eyes open with toothpicks as my lovely wife snores up a storm.

Our rental car is a maroon Corolla, why must all Toyota's be as boring as sugar free vanilla ice cream?
Old 07-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Premium Member

sugar free vanilla ice cream? That is even more boring than me, safe travels, catch a few,.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ'S

Have some SS springs coming for the panel, I think.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:33 AM

BigJack you are correct..I have an LS and a SS and the SS runs about 500 rpm less at the same speeds. The LS milage has never been reset and its showing 31 mpg after 4 1/2 years....mySS beats this at times..Just did a 330 mile round trip AND stuck in a crawl for 1 1/2 hours to do less then 18 miles and still got 31.5 avg and I ran 60 to 75 the parts that I could. The more power the less gas at the same speeds..to a point. Gotta love that turbo!
Old 07-26-2012, 01:06 PM
Premium Member

So I am going to change the oil to M-1 see if that will let it run a little easier.

No one answered my question on spoiler so I ordered the LT loop, I already have one with the SS spoiler.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Rest In Peace

So I am going to change the oil to M-1 see if that will let it run a little easier.

No one answered my question on spoiler so I ordered the LT loop, I already have one with the SS spoiler.
I went through that choice myself recently and looking at them both the LS/LT and the Premier Edition rear spoiler (not really an "SS" one at all since it was used on a Premier Editions first.)

With the Visor up front I thought Morticia would need the extra lift and visual size of the LS/LT rear spoiler.

I am still happy with my choice, the other one would have been too small just blending in as it does.

So I think you made a good choice since you also have a front visor.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?