General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 02:17 PM

stretched the legs on mine this morning...just in case anyone was wondering, a Hyundai Tiberon v6 isn't that quick :)
Old 02-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SmootHHR
stretched the legs on mine this morning...just in case anyone was wondering, a Hyundai Tiberon v6 isn't that quick :)
I was wondering.. Cool man !!!
Old 02-14-2013, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by SS fan
If it is not turning the corner before you tell it to, probably ok, you will have to see how it behaves when you get it back on the road. Fingers crossed for ya...
So far, so good. Steering wheel is straight, doesn't wander...think she's okay.

Originally Posted by chefhhr
Just an FYI...Discount Tire has 6 months no interest on purchases over $300. I used my discount tire card for both set of wheels (paid off now)...but it makes it easier to digest for sure.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Planning on sticking with steelies for now, got a couple replacements from the local pick n pull for cheap. I have some plans for the steelies..

Originally Posted by solman98
Check you local laws. Several years ago I hit a pothole in Charleston SC and it cut the sidewall on my tire. County had to pay for the replacement.
Checked, but no go. I would have to submit the claim and prove they were aware of the pothole before the damage occurred. If not, they can just deny knowledge of the pothole, reject my claim, and then repair the hole. Which, it was filled in within 48hrs of me hitting it. I think I just have to shrug this incident and watch out for "puddle" potholes...lol.

On a seperate note...while checking around for anything damaged or out of the ordinary, I found a good amount of oil on the bottom and followed it up the front of the motor to the filter. Appears my oil filter cap is leaking...gotta change the oil this weekend, fix that, and clean up my mini Exxon Valdez in my engine bay. Hopefully I don't have anymore additional issues and can get back to modding!
Old 02-15-2013, 12:04 PM

Went to dealer had opil changed tires rotated etc. I would change my own oil but it is kind of hard when you have to choose between a street on a grade or jack it up on grass. I also added a second shelf/spare tire cover to creat a small trunck for security. Now I can stuff my camera bag back there without it being seen. I got it from a local junk yard for $55 this seemed like a good price from what I had been seeing. Trip tomorrow weather premitting.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:12 PM

Antenna

I installed a short antenna today. Now my ride does not look like a radio controlled toy any longer.

Jim
Old 02-15-2013, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by EX JUNK
I installed a short antenna today. Now my ride does not look like a radio controlled toy any longer.

Jim
Haha, I like the RC car antenna...lol! But that's just me...

Bought a lightweight aluminum jack and all new oil change goodies. Glad it's starting to warm up so I can start working on the car again!
Old 02-16-2013, 03:00 PM

I ran some good roads today, had fun went to a train show.

Last edited by Ron S; 02-16-2013 at 03:01 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-18-2013, 07:08 PM

I changed out my remote mirror switch.Mirrors work right now.Door Panel removal was not too bad, but having the right tools really helps and assists in not breaking anything.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:02 AM

Question Grocery cart HHR

Installed a K&N cold air kit a few months ago. Lots of power but fuel econo is not as good as predicted. Me thinks something needs tweeking.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:43 AM

Well ill post for yesterday i usually post at work (security) so after i got off i went and washed the 2 months worth of road salt off and installed my Stage 2 Jet Power Control Module and drove to Lancaster to test it out. Good 40 mile trip one way. visited Menards and drove back. Most fun ive had driving yet! Another civic bites the dust but harder this time mwahaha. Such a good kill... Kid had every exterior body mod i can think of full kit CF hood, 18's, big rediculous spoiler, and headlights/ tail lights, and fender flares? so a couple grand outside but nooothing under the hood except maybe a CAI. Needless to say he probably still picking up pieces of his ego because his GF was laughin as i pulled away from him! Now today im getting off work and installing my 4 new XPLOD 540w 6 1/2's

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?