General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What have you been asked by the public??

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
I too was considering buying a PT Cruiser...had wanted one for years. My mom told me before she passed away in November that she would be leaving me enough money to go out and buy the new car of my dreams. She said I know you love that PT Cruiser, so promise me you'll buy a new car after I am gone. I said...of course mom...and I'll be very careful to make sure I get the best deal possible and make you proud.

About a month after she passed away, I decided to go test drive a PT Cruiser. We went at night to a dealer up the street from my boyfriends and I drove one. On the way home, I told my boyfriend... you know what...after driving that I'm not all that impressed. It looks cool, but I don't like the shifter handle and the seats aren't comfortable. We didn't get to see much since it was dark, so the next day (Sunday) when the dealer was closed we went up and looked at their stock very closely. I told him as we were walking around that I wasn't sure now that this is what I wanted and he asked me what I had in mind. I said I don't know, but when I see it, I will know right away.

Anyway, I know I'm rambling...but this story needed to be told somewhere and this is the best place I can think of.

On our way home we were driving my Honda Prelude into the community where he lives and came to a 4 way stop. I looked across the street and there was the coolest thing I had ever seen. I looked at him and said is that...I want one of those. He said, I don't know, but it has a Chevrolet emblem on the front. As soon as we got home I got on the computer and logged onto chevrolet.com and found out it was an HHR. Looked over the features and price and told him...that's what I want. He had the day off the next day so I told him to go up and look at them, test drive one and tell me what he thought. He called me at work and said...Deb, you're gonna love it. Nice looking ride, drives well and it screams Deb all the way.

Went to 4 dealers several weeks after, checkbook in hand looking for an HHR. I told him if I found what I wanted, I would be taking it home with me...and he's like...yea sure...whatever. After going from dealer to dealer I got more discouraged as I wanted a Sunburst Orange with 5 spd and everything we saw was anything but that until the last dealer. We pulled in there, saw an orange one sitting there and my heart began to race. I told him to go over and tell me it was a 5 spd. Got the thumbs up...went and saw the guy he had talked to a few weeks ago and he gave me the keys and said try it out...you'll love it. Anyway...needless to say, I bought it that day and brought it home and I love it.

Sorry for long post...but in answer to the original question...here's some comments I have heard.

Wow...that's nice...I didn't know they had a PT Cruiser Station Wagon. Duh...it's got a chevrolet logo front and back.

Nice cruiser...I didn't know they made an orange one.

That's a really nice car...what was it before you chopped it?

I always politely tell people, it's the new Chevrolet HHR. It's a retro car that is similar the the 48/49 Suburban and I love it. It's affordable, gets great gas mileage and there aren't a zillion of them on the road.

Good Story! You had me feeling your excitement..

The stoopidest question I have heard is "Do you like it?"

"No. I hate it! Thats why I have this big friggin smile on my face..":twothumbs
Old 05-17-2006, 10:12 AM

My son asks me a couple of nights ago, "can my girlfriend drive your HHR?", my reply "lets see I am going to be replacing the rocker panels on your Focus because she assasinated a concrete barrier at the gas station...get outta' here..."
Old 05-17-2006, 10:23 AM

I don't know if you'd classify it as a 'stupid' question, but several times at the local car wash I have been asked "what is it?" I've been asked by both employees and customers of the carwash. It's cool when they are finishing it off and have the doors and hatch open and several people start walking around and checking it out, giving it a good look-over. After they inspect it, they give me a thumbs up and say they really like it, especially since there isn't anything else on the road like it. Then I tell them the gas milage it gets, and they're more impressed!
Old 05-17-2006, 10:32 AM

I know that adds pay but I'm looking at a pt cruiserparts.com add right now on this page..
Old 05-17-2006, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Skatetheglobe
I know that adds pay but I'm looking at a pt cruiserparts.com add right now on this page..
Huh?
Old 05-17-2006, 04:42 PM

look for both of them in a blizzard....
Old 05-17-2006, 08:20 PM

Hi this is Black Beauty,
Before the HHR, I wanted a PT. Now that I have a HHR and these side/by/side photos, I`m Shocked And Awed!!!!
I think a recall of the PT is in order...
Old 05-17-2006, 08:24 PM

In another thread I said there were no stupid questions......................I think I was wrong
Old 06-20-2006, 10:27 AM

What have you been asked by the public??

Just wondering about some questions we all get asked by non HHR people..

!. Is that a Suburu?
2.Does your car have a V8 ?
3.Do you have AWD?
4.Will your 17 inch rims fit my Chevy Colorado?
5.How much can you tow?

I'd like to hear what others get asked....
Old 06-20-2006, 10:40 AM

Is that the new PT Cruiser?

Quick Reply: What have you been asked by the public??