General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What have you been asked by the public??

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 10:42 AM

Now all the new owners here can be prepared for all the silly stuff they will probably get asked.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:57 AM

I was asked the other day if it was a Scion
Old 07-05-2006, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by endeavorc
I was asked the other day if it was a Scion
Now that's a new one...don't see any comparison between the two.
The Scion looks like a breadbox

The HHR...does not

Old 07-05-2006, 05:52 PM

I have had exactly 2 people ask me about my HHR: My brother -in-law - Is that the new Chevrolet SUV? (A, he was close B, he never mentioned a PT)

My Mother - in - law - When did you get the new car? Why I got that six months ago Irene. Oh, that must be the red car I have seen in the driveway. (she lives a 1/2 mile away and is here all the time!)
Old 07-05-2006, 08:01 PM

I've been asked "why did you get that color?" (mine is Amethyst) Uhh because i like purple and don't want to look like all the other Soccer Moms that live in the neighboorhood. I've also been asked "how can you afford that on your salary?" Not that it matters how much i make. I love my "Purple Power" because it is very affordable and i have not seen anything like it around here!!!

Thanks for making me feel at home on this site!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Carshowgirl
Thanks for making me feel at home on this site!!!
Awwww...it's only because you ROCK! (And you drive an HHR! )
Old 07-09-2006, 10:31 AM

Okay this story takes a bit to come together so bear with me. I took a day trip to Navuoo, Illinois. This is the site of the large and sucessful home of the Mormon religion before the exodus to Utah and while I am not of that faith I am decended from people who were part of the exodus from Navuoo, so there is historical significants as well as just a very interesting way to spend a day. Now as this is a very important part of the Mormon religion, I am was very careful to not do anything which might be considered offensive, but we did stop in a "General Store" and purchased bottles of Root Beer and it was bottled in dark glass bottles...no big deal...until a guy comes up to me and asks where we purchased the bottles and then the dumbest question that I could imagine..."Is that real beer or root beer"? I politely explained root beer and that I felt that it would be inappropriate to carry an open container of alcohol around such a place...what was this dork thinking? Now how does this apply to this forum...well I noticed the guy and his family getting into their vehicle, Utah plates, no surprise there, nothing unusual....oh yeah, it was a PT Cruiser!!! It figures !!!
Old 08-25-2006, 12:59 AM

Not asked but expressed

The other day I took the HHR into the dealership for an oil change. The service writter went out of the office to get the info off the car. When I looked out there was a group of service peiple looking at mine. So, I went out to see what was up. I have the Carriage Works upper and lower grille and they were saying that is what Chevy should have done.

Today while having the shifter cut down I was driving my vette. When I made a stop a home a little kid being taken care of next door was worried that I had a new car. When I told him that the HHR would be back in the afternoon everything was right with his world again
Old 08-25-2006, 01:25 AM

I've been asked by a rent-a-cop to stop taking pictures of my car on public property.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:20 AM

I am now being asked when am I getting rid of the rental and getting mine back

Quick Reply: What have you been asked by the public??