General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What is the stupidest design error?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by BlackknighT
Size diff may be the answer. Front axles rotating at diff speeds is an issue-no matter how slight the size. Plus traction control issues with the narrow spare-computer may not like it after a while...
It (temp. spare on front) worked fine. Drove about 4 miles to the tire shop, had the tire repaired and all was well. It is, after all, a "temporary" spare so there really shouldn't be too much 'while' in after a while........
Old 06-14-2011, 09:52 AM

Re: "Having the vehicle assembled in Mexico and made with foreign parts.
Come on for crying out loud - if you are going to call yourself a domestic car manufacturer you need to make your vehicles in the USA."

It all comes down to how you word your ads. If you say 'built in America', most folks in the United States assume it was built here.

Update: the eau de mouse has become only an eyes watering problem. Last week the odor was so bad that I think I occasional blacked out while driving.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:27 PM

The chimes, chimes when you shut the lights off, chimes when you don't have seat belt on when you start it up, chimes on low fuel, I would like to find out WHO decided to put the chimes in the stereo speakers. This has to be a pet peeve of mine. The power window buttons gets the dumb ass award. Engineering genius award for the battery in the back with no way to open the lift gate if the battery is dead .
Old 06-16-2011, 09:37 AM

Always something

I do not recall ever owning a car that had zero issues. My old '69 Corvette had the power window button on the console; I got used to it. Most of my GM cars have the Cruise control on the wiper stalk but, I got used to the steering wheel location. There are always compromises or differences in taste. I like the battery in the back as it allows for better weight distribution. If the battery dies, you probably don't have another battery in your inventory, and will need to jump start the car anyway. While it is running, trip the hatch.
I have driven many cars that restricted the view of traffic lights. I just learned to stop a little short of the light to prevent chocking on the steering wheel.
I love driving my HHR Panel. If you have to drive an econimical car, they may as well look good! The car is very user friendly. Pics at:
www.tundraservices.com
Old 06-17-2011, 12:33 AM

gotta be the dumb arse headlight replacement /the air filter !!!!!!!
both are just stupid dumb designs IMHO .# 3 IMO would be leaveing the lower grill area uncovered .
Old 06-18-2011, 06:16 PM

I'd say the cup holder would be my number 1.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:32 PM

My #1 peeve design flaw

Front bulb replacments
Originally Posted by prod
And dont forget the headlight bulb replacement.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:19 PM

The front bulbs kinda have to be that way because of the fenders being "outside" the hood. No access from the engine compartment possible...... An access hatch in the fender well would have been nice though.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
The front bulbs kinda have to be that way because of the fenders being "outside" the hood. No access from the engine compartment possible...... An access hatch in the fender well would have been nice though.
Agree about why..

However- One could cut out an opening for access hatch & use the piece for the hatch with a lil modding. Lil time is all....

That's my plan when the need arises..
Old 06-18-2011, 11:07 PM

Location: Fresno, California (formerly of Modesto, Ca. -- hometown of George Lucas, formerly of Winnipeg, Mb.)
I got a Traffic Light Prism to fix that problem.

Originally Posted by jay loukakis
The traffis light and location of the mirroe is terrible.

Quick Reply: What is the stupidest design error?