General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What's your favorite feature that you didn't expect?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 09:04 PM

Yup... Look at the back of the passenger seat. There are release levers on both sides of the seat back. Lift a lever and the seat back folds forward. If it doesn't go completely flat, you need to lift the recline lever on the side of the seat and allow the seat back to settle into the fully flat position (in other words, if the seat back is reclined at all, it will not go fully flat when folded forward).
Old 06-12-2008, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Since I didn't know this until after I purchased, mine would be the front passenger seat back laying flat down and presto you have a tray or table.
YES!
I took a break from the sun at the Burbank car show last Sunday to do some homework (yeah, I really am a dork), and was able to sit in the back seat, push the front passenger seat flat and *presto* instant desk! Kinda wished I'd brought my laptop!

Gosh do I love this car

Jeff, dude, do I need to go out and take *another* picture!!!???
RTFM!

@
Old 06-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by Jeff®
Whoa! wait... whatcha talkin' about willis?

Show pic, I dunno. Does mine? Do I like? Help! what is the meaning of life?
I found this out when I was judging a Walk Around Contest for salespeople and I watched a salesman demostrate the fold down seat option. I was thinking "where the hell have I been on this one". I didn't pay any further attention to her vehicle presentation because I couldn't help thinking about how useful this little option was so I scored her a 10 in all categories.

And don't forget when it is laid down like that you can haul lumber in it.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:28 PM

And don't forget when it is laid down like that you can haul lumber with it.
Lumber in my car? I don't think so
Old 06-12-2008, 09:40 PM

And don't forget when it is laid down like that you can haul lumber in it.
I did that recently. Bought some wood and when I got to the car it just fit with the front seat down. Didn't appear to be that long in the store
Old 06-12-2008, 10:02 PM

Learning from people on this forum and other HHR forums about the car and how to do/fix things.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by SdgrS
Lumber in my car? I don't think so
Yup, I stuggled with that the other day also cause my Tahoe was unavailable. I had to put down some towels first and then I could lay the lumber on that. I did get some surprised looks when they saw me loading up at Home Depot though!

I never thought about using that pass. seat as a tray or desk... That is awesome!
Old 06-12-2008, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff®
Do you drive on 271? Do you watch out for that 24/7 cop at Wilson Mills?

Oh and yeah, Does this car really exist? It's a Chevy? Must be a sign of the apocalypse!
Yeah I'm in downtown now, but I grew up on the eastside. So 271, 90, 480, 77, inside that circle is my HOOD.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by CarlsSS
Yup, I stuggled with that the other day also cause my Tahoe was unavailable. I had to put down some towels first and then I could lay the lumber on that. I did get some surprised looks when they saw me loading up at Home Depot though!

I never thought about using that pass. seat as a tray or desk... That is awesome!
Yeah i've change my little passenger diapers with this "feature".
Old 06-12-2008, 11:34 PM

Okay well we had ours for almost two months before we found out that there is that other glove box in the middle of the dash, so ya I really like that and the fact that the radio goes up and down as you drive faster or slow down and the remote start!!! All plus' in my opinion.

Quick Reply: What's your favorite feature that you didn't expect?