General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

where can I find answers to...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 10:45 PM

where can I find answers to...

...I have my 2006 2LT. I love it.
But I have NO idea how to find out what "options" it has, or what it really came with standard.

I looked at GM's list of STANDARD and OPTIONAL for all the HHR models for 2008, but still wonder what they had optional for 2006.

I would like to list what I know WASNT on another model I looked at, and maybe someone can tell me 'that was added by a previous owner" or "that was only on a ____________(insert special model name here) package", etc.

so: it's a 2006 HHR 2LT
dark silver ext.
light gray interior(2-tone)
2.4 motor
sunroof
A/T
shifter has chrome top
6-disk in dash with Pioneer sub in L/S of rear cabin
mud flaps
running boards
fog lights
17" wheels(polished 5-spokes)
steering wheel radio controls and "mute" button for sound system
CHROME: grill, side mirrors, door handles, rear hatch handle
chrome roof rack(no cross bars, just long bars)
chrome(or polished) exhaust tip
front cigarette lighter(instead of power plug with rubber cover)-no ash tray
Production date was 3/06(3/10/06 birthday)

so...is it just an early 06 with cool options? or is it a early 06 that someone later came and bought/installed chrome "bling"?

no matter what...I love it. I get very attached to cars, and this one really makes me happy.

Now if I could convince my GF to sell her car and buy a new SS.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:06 PM
jx3

Sounds like it was a fully loaded HHR driven off the dealer lot as is. Dory is also an 06 outfitted w/ everything listed minus the mud flaps, but only in Datona Blue Met.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:13 PM

Sounds like the '06 2LT. With the factory options of sunfoof, A/T, 6 disc in dash, running boards, roof racks, 17" polished wheels, and if the mud flaps are molded and body color also an option.
Some HHRs came with the cigarette lighter but no ashtray. ( I did not order the smokers option but got the lighter)
Old 01-05-2008, 11:25 PM

Oh, I forgot...it also has a XM antenna on the roof, towards the back...no signs of any external antenna wire, so it's a clean(almost factory looking) install.

on another note...the XM still works in my HHR...I am currently a Sirius customer in my other car, but I love the HHR's factory stereo interface...so...did the dealer continue the XM for 3 month 'trial; like GM used to advertise? or do you think the previous owner didnt disconnect yet?
Old 01-05-2008, 11:41 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by Smoke Wagon
Oh, I forgot...it also has a XM antenna on the roof, towards the back...no signs of any external antenna wire, so it's a clean(almost factory looking) install.
More than likely the XM set came with the HHR from the factory.

Originally Posted by Smoke Wagon
on another note...the XM still works in my HHR..so...did the dealer continue the XM for 3 month 'trial; like GM used to advertise? or do you think the previous owner didnt disconnect yet?
Also more than likely the previous owner had XM service for it and you got the remainder of his subscription.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:44 PM

Owner most likely didn't disconnect, will catch it when next bill cycle rolls around I'd guess. I have my window sticker right here from my '06 2LT with all options listed and priced.Over $5k of options, 2LT preferred equipment group is $1,800 alone.All looks same as mine as far as options except I don't have 6 disk changer and I have leather seats and steering wheel.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:34 AM

I wasnt sure if my leather steering wheel was optional or not.
wish I had leather seats...but I do have the leather wheel.

I also wish I had black interior...the orange 07 I looked at had black cloth...much easier to keep clean than the light gray...oh well..cant have EVERYTHING when buying a used car, right?

thanks for the replies folks.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:16 AM

2LT package includes Bright chrome and leather wrapped steering wheel, steering wheel audio controls, ABS, sport suspenion.
'06 only had the gray or cashmere(sp)/tan interior.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:24 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by ivtech
2LT package includes Bright chrome and leather wrapped steering wheel, steering wheel audio controls, ABS, sport suspenion.
'06 only had the gray or cashmere(sp)/tan interior.
06 2LT pkg also included the fog lights, premium sound w/ subwoofer, and the 2.4.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:53 AM

got it...so I basically have a 2LT...with mudflaps.

works for me!

Quick Reply: where can I find answers to...