General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Where do I find Tire Pressure Sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by twistrman
to do it yourself involves with a procedure of tapping your brakes etc to put it into learning mode, it blinks a blinker which tire it wants and you let the air out for like 8 seconds, and it honks at you, repeat. It is easy.

But them walking around the car with a computer for 10 seconds is easier.
Don't get me wrong, the procedure is simple, as long as you have the means to refill the tires. Since I have a compressor, it's not a problem, but I have to agree that the guy walking around my car once with his thingamabob and me sitting in the seat sure was easier
Old 02-02-2010, 06:41 PM

If you are tapping on your brake pedal in order to get your 2008 into learning mode, maybe you are looking at the wrong manual?
Old 02-02-2010, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
If you are tapping on your brake pedal in order to get your 2008 into learning mode, maybe you are looking at the wrong manual?
sorry about that. haven't rotated in awhile, forgot it was with they keyfob. something you tap the brakes, is it the oil life monitor?
Old 02-03-2010, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by twistrman
sorry about that. haven't rotated in awhile, forgot it was with they keyfob. something you tap the brakes, is it the oil life monitor?
And that one works by just pushing and holding the reset button for a few seconds
Come on Twist, your loosing it

There may be another way to reset the oil pressure monitor, but I use the reset button method... It acknowledges that it has been reset, I like that.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by esmarkey
And that one works by just pushing and holding the reset button for a few seconds
Come on Twist, your loosing it

There may be another way to reset the oil pressure monitor, but I use the reset button method... It acknowledges that it has been reset, I like that.
yeah you can do one with your brakes too, for some reason mine didn't want to do it with the reset button the one time, so I did it the other way.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by esmarkey
Don't get me wrong, the procedure is simple, as long as you have the means to refill the tires. Since I have a compressor, it's not a problem, but I have to agree that the guy walking around my car once with his thingamabob and me sitting in the seat sure was easier
My compressor is in the barn, but I rotate my tires in my garage (separate building). I simply overinflate the tires, drive it over to the garage, then let the air out when setting each sensor. It usually ends up about 3-5lbs over, so I "zero in" at 32psi using a digital gauge.

If a gas station with an air hose is close by, this method should work as well.