General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Who's gone from a BIG truck to an HHR,,, how was the transition, painfull or not ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 05:17 AM

Who's gone from a BIG truck to an HHR,,, how was the transition, painfull or not ???

Trading in my all black murdered out 2010 Hummer H3T for a 2009 white panel and was wondering how others have handled the transition of going from a big truck to the much smaller HHR.

Im switching to the HHR panel because it has more storage area than my Hummer and I want something better on gas and also hoping to lower the insurance rates Im paying.

I have always owned larger trucks and always black so this might be weird going to an white HHR,,, Im wondering if Im going to have big truck with-drawls or not,,, will it be painless or will it be like getting off crack.

How many here have gone thru this same transition ?

Cheers
Davyo

Old 08-09-2011, 05:30 AM

I bought the HHR after my 96 Silverado Ext Cab was stolen (never recovered).
Name:  P2240005.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  42.0 KB
Name:  side.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  19.3 KB

I didn't have any issues with the transition. As you can see, I did a couple of modifications to it....
Old 08-09-2011, 06:09 AM
Banned

Welcome Davyo! I went from a 1999 Silverado 2000 body, with a 4.3 and a 5sp. Not a huge truck, but full size, and it was a BIG change, getting use to FWD is a bit tough in my opinion.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Officer1151
Welcome Davyo! I went from a 1999 Silverado 2000 body, with a 4.3 and a 5sp. Not a huge truck, but full size, and it was a BIG change, getting use to FWD is a bit tough in my opinion.
Thanks for the welcome Kevin, everyone here has been very friendly and helpfull,,, and congrats on your win,,,, nice HHR !!!

Humm,,, never thought about the getting used to FWD, I've never had a FWD before,, all my past truck's have all been 4x4's.

Cheers
Davyo
Old 08-09-2011, 06:58 AM
Rest In Peace

I had Chevy Astro Vans with the rear Dutch Doors on both.

Used for the commercial construction trades and Loved them.

I Miss being able to slide full sheets of plywood or drywall in and close the upper rear hatch.

I put on a trailer hitch for use with my open trailer and have to hook it up for that type purchase at the home centers.

But I do Love my Panel.

And you Can get them in all Black.

Name:  12e6419d.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  88.1 KB
Old 08-09-2011, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by American & Proud
I had Chevy Astro Vans with the rear Dutch Doors on both.

Used for the commercial construction trades and Loved them.

I Miss being able to slide full sheets of plywood or drywall in and close the upper rear hatch.

I put on a trailer hitch for use with my open trailer and have to hook it up for that type purchase at the home centers.

But I do Love my Panel.

And you Can get them in all Black.

Nice black panel,,,,, geeze,, when I first ordered my panel it was a black one (all my trucks have been black, never owned a white anything), but at the last minute I changed my order with CarMax to a white panel (they had a black panel and a white panel) almost the same mileage and price and transfer fee.

I figured if I was doing such a drastic change to a much smaller ride I might as well go all the way and change my typical color choice from balck to white.

What else changed my mind was seeing "capp022's" white panel on this forum, I had never considered white until I saw his.

Cheers
Davyo
Old 08-09-2011, 07:31 AM

One day I was in this 2005 crew cab.

Now in an HHR and I'm happier for it.

I do have an older Nissan 4X4 truck for hauling. Also I get little to no respect in traffic compared to driving a large truck.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:33 AM
Rest In Peace

Thanks.

For me it was a Black Panel or Nothing.

HAD to be a Black one, and it HAD to be a Panel.

Not a fan of white at all myself, thats Not to say capps and sleeper don't have Nice HHR's, they Do. Just not My style.

As I am sure that Black isn't theirs.

I have done alot to mine, just got done gutting out the whole interior and sound deadening the whole Panel from top to bottom, and installing a pretty nice audio/video system. Got most of the interior back in place now.

Blower goes in next year. Spring/Summer install.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:56 AM

I traded in my '07 Silverado (V6, automatic, 8' bed, regular cab, 38k miles) truck for my "new to me" '08 HHR SS with 18k miles. I wanted something that got better than 16 mpg, and had more seating than for 2 people. The SS worked out perfectly because I can fold the back seats down and still haul some stuff, albeit nothing like my 8' bed though! I can also carry people around now and driving this thing is so much more fun than my truck was. I haven't missed that truck very much since I bought the SS.

Brian
Old 08-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Premium Member

F-150 supercab long bed 4x4. SS is the best sales mobile ever, it's hard to be late.

Quick Reply: Who's gone from a BIG truck to an HHR,,, how was the transition, painfull or not ???