General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Who's gone from a BIG truck to an HHR,,, how was the transition, painfull or not ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 08:13 PM

I also chose a white panel, when I transitioned from my former daily driver '04 2500HD (single cab, also white). Three reasons: (1) the HHR gets twice the mpg (or better) than the HD (4.10 gears) in my 120mi per day commute in stop n go traffic, (2)I love having more storage space out of the weather, and (3) I chose a white LS over a black one because it's cooler in the heat (I've experience with a triple black drag car in a firesuit in summer, I buy white if available now). Also, I passed on a red SS for four reasons: (1) not white, (2) I have a stealth machine with the business-like LS (I still pass everything in sight), (3) if I really want some horsepower, I'll just drive the Chevelle, and (4) I don't trust turbos in Texas commuting in summertime (my wife had a turbo LeBaron from '85 to '95> three units burnt out in summer drives). Maybe it was just because it was a Chrysler? I've never regretted the choice, I love my HHR.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:46 AM

My wife really, went from an Aztek to the HHR. The carrying capacity is a lot lower, but the gas mileage and the fact that you could get a manual tranny make up for it. I still have a truck to haul the boat and get dirt/woodchips, but the truck is old, rusty and only used for around town.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by jaskispyder
My wife really, went from an Aztek to the HHR. The carrying capacity is a lot lower, but the gas mileage and the fact that you could get a manual tranny make up for it. I still have a truck to haul the boat and get dirt/woodchips, but the truck is old, rusty and only used for around town.
I have never talked to anyone that owned an Aztek so I have to ask,,,

Did you get alot of people telling you how ugly it was or not that many telling you how ugly it was ?

Did anyone ever tell you they actually liked the looks of the Aztek ?

When you purchased the Aztek did you like the looks of it ?,,,,,or hated the looks of it ?

Forgive me questions,,, but I really have never talked to anyone that owned an Aztek.

Cheers
Davyo

Last edited by Davyo; 08-12-2011 at 05:45 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:10 AM

I traded my '03 Silverado 2.5 years ago when gas shot up.
I've been keeping a spreadsheet of gas expenses, and have saved over $2500 in gas since getting the HHR.
No towing anymore (but my Dad has a Silvy I can borrow when needed), but the back of the HHR has held most of what I've thrown in it-even 8 foot 2x4s..
It really has been a great, versatile little car-with 75,000 miles on it now, I plan to run it for a long time...
Old 08-12-2011, 10:19 AM

My interim vehicle between my last Camaro and my HHR was my 98 Sierra. I transitioned fine, but then again I am pretty short, size never mattered to me.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:50 AM

Everyone I met in person thought the Aztek was great. People online (other forum) told me how ugly it is. I bought the Aztek as a practical vehicle. I can haul a 4x8 sheet of plywood in there. It is very roomy and pretty comfortable. As for the outside, it is yellow and everyone knows the driver. I really didn't think the looks were good or bad, it was just a functional vehicle. Some people love their Azteks, but it was just a vehicle.

Originally Posted by Davyo
I have never talked to anyone that owned an Aztek so I have to ask,,,

Did you get alot of people telling you how ugly it was or not that many telling you how ugly it was ?

Did anyone ever tell you they actually liked the looks of the Aztek ?

When you purchased the Aztek did you like the looks of it ?,,,,,or hated the looks of it ?

Forgive me questions,,, but I really have never talked to anyone that owned an Aztek.

Cheers
Davyo