General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Wife Crashed HHR

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 09:51 AM

I to am glad no one was injured, I'm just suprised the person with the hotrod didn't kill your wife LOL
Old 07-24-2010, 09:53 AM

If the street rod had been any other vehicle the impact probably would have been much harder instead of rolling up and over. The occupants got off easier I think.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by afs9
WOW! Glad all are ok! This looks like an accident one of the SoCal guys had -- car landed on its side as well after getting hit by an SUV. Due to the fact no one really got hurt and the car held up so well (albeit it was totaled), they went out and bought another one right away.

Hope you decide to get another -- hate seeing wrecks like this, but makes me feel safe knowing it will hold up ok in an accident.

Shame about the Ford -- gorgeous.

@
Yup, that was my wife and son that took a major T-bone from some driver speeding, too distracted while on the cell phone, and ran a red light. I was totally amazed that they walked away with only scratches and bruises. I am so thankful at how well the HHR is designed and built to withstand impacts as I often think how much worse things could have turned out. My wife told me that at the moment of impact her only thought was "this is it." Meaning she thought they wouldn't survive the crash.

Randy
Old 07-25-2010, 06:54 AM
jx3

Scary looking. Glad to hear that everyones ok.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:55 AM

Wow. Been there. Done that. I am glad your wife is OK. My wife had a similiar accident where our HHR was rolled. My wife was fine except for a few scratches on her wrist. She was hit in the B-pillar by a Mustang on the passenger side. After the impact she actually was driving on two wheels for about 30 feet before flopping over on the driver's side. Our HHR was totaled because the cost to repair it was more than 70% of the value of the car.

Old 07-25-2010, 02:37 PM

Must be something about the silver paint that makes them roll.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:01 PM

The insurance adjuster called today to tell us the car is a total loss.
It will be another day or two until we find out what they say the value is.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Former Sponsor

again..thank the lord..most times when the vehicle is removed from the scene(depending where its sittin)when u flip em back over..major damage..if car hasnt gone into safe mode(older models dont)the airbag sensors are still live..windscreens crack..u joints,rims..alot of new companies are goin airbags but in your case..i wouldnt of wasted the time..shes a gonner..i doubt its even square anymore..sorry for your loss..glad everybody is ok??not sure how your laws are but not a bad idea to have a statment from the guy who removed your car..most likely took pics of damage before..and after removal..we do..
Old 07-28-2010, 05:28 PM

Bummer for you and your wife. Bigger bummer for the street rod. I'm glad all involved are fine. Do you think you will buy another HHR?
Old 07-28-2010, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sonoma GT
The insurance adjuster called today to tell us the car is a total loss.
It will be another day or two until we find out what they say the value is.
How can they say it's a total loss if they don't know what the value is? Remember, you don't have to take what the insurance company offers. Look around for HHRs with similar miles and condition as yours so you know what it's worth.

Quick Reply: Wife Crashed HHR