General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 01:51 AM

Super.... .Speed sensitive wipers to go with the speed sensitive volume. I noticed mine did that this evening on my way to work. Started to rain as I got to work. I turned the wipers on low then went to intermittent when I got off the Interstate, then as I speeded up they started running full on at about 40mph then slowed to pulse when I slowed below that. The rear wiper works ok on mine, a rear spoiler probably helps on keeping some spray off the back glass, but I don't have one on my Dark Silver car. I'm used to the rear wiper on my Astro, about the same to me anyway.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:38 AM

Noise in the toys........

Rear wiper a little noisey. No big deal. This is not a lexus . Just keeping things in perspective a bit.
Great car for the price, and like many of you I will be modding it , making it more "upscale" and more to suit my personal taste. One goal is to make it quieter, though it is not really bad in the noise dept. It may get noisier if I do the intake and exhaust mods though
The wiper/rain blowback is a real issue depending upon speed. I was able to get the left 6" or so consitantly covered to the point it was useless to see through the area. This was at advanced highway speeds. It can be a problem. Chalk it up to a design flaw and use Rainex. That's pretty much all we can do
I still like it more than my Vibe which handled better , had no wiper issues and was way way noisier. As you may guess, I have a thing about driving noise
Old 06-26-2006, 09:49 AM

just noticed this feature yesterday..... when you put your wipes on, your headlight also will come on (@30 secs after you put the wipers on) and they will go off when you shut off the wipers...too cool !
Old 06-27-2006, 09:35 PM

You guys evidently don`t/haven`t read the owners manual. All these (oh wow) things are clearly in the book. It amazes me even more when I see guys willing to pluck down 150.00s for a manual, that will probably only lead to voiding the warranty, with no real benefit.