General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Wondering why...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 09:54 PM

Wondering why...

Here's a CRRRRAAAAAZY question! Does ANYBODY out there use their visors? I swear when I flip my down, I feel like it takes up half my windshield! Is there any sort of logical reason why these are installed in these kind of vehicles? I mean you practically have to duck down to see the light change when you're at an intersection as it is without it, but put the visor down....I feel like Luke Skywalker on Star Wars when he has the blast shield down on his helmet practicing with his light saber against that laser ball thingy. CHEERS!
Old 03-01-2006, 10:02 PM

I used to have that effect on my last truck because I tinted the top 8 inches of the windshield. It seemed like I was always looking through a 'slot'. And it gave me horrible posture as I would slump down to see straight out the windshield... but damn I looked cool!

You don't have to pull the visor all the way down. You can have it pointing towards you to catch just the upper portion of the windshield. At that angle you can still look under it to see the traffic light! It's the side glass that I'm more concerned about. Does the visor cover the entire window when turned to the side?

Last edited by AlienHHR; 03-01-2006 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Sloppy grammar
Old 03-02-2006, 04:41 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by AlienHHR
You don't have to pull the visor all the way down. You can have it pointing towards you to catch just the upper portion of the windshield. At that angle you can still look under it to see the traffic light! It's the side glass that I'm more concerned about. Does the visor cover the entire window when turned to the side?
Use the visor plenty in Miami. I agree with you, the proper way to use the visor is to lower it just enough to block the sun. To answer your question, the visor do NOT cover the entire side window, I've had to recline my seat back a little to block the sun with the pillar between the windows. While it may be uncomfortable to drive this way, as it is not normal for me to do so, I do feel pretty cool when doing so.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:20 AM
Banned

I never use mine. They are the most useless things that I have ever seen. If I put them down I totally block my view if the road unless I duck down and look under them, which defeats the purpose. I'm just going to tint a glare strip at the top after I replace my windshield.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:24 AM

3 words = Sun glass es
Old 03-02-2006, 07:34 AM

My wife is constantly pulling the passenger side down to use the mirrior. Then she leaves it down afterwards. That just gets my goat.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Navyflyer11
My wife is constantly pulling the passenger side down to use the mirrior. Then she leaves it down afterwards. That just gets my goat.

Possible rebuttle for the toilet seat being up? j/k!
Old 03-02-2006, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by fenris222
Possible rebuttle for the toilet seat being up? j/k!
Ok, that made my morning!
Old 03-02-2006, 12:30 PM

I consider the visor a pain in the neck, so here is what I do................I paint the windshield with black latex paint, then scrape it off at the end of the day. Hell, most people seem to drive with their eyes closed anyway, so this allows me to block the sun and be a bit different

Just kidding...but the visors are a pain!
Old 03-02-2006, 01:08 PM

The visor is a pain in the butt, but will work when really needed....except for the stinking rear view mirror getting in the way!!!

Quick Reply: Wondering why...