General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Worst sales experience EVER!-Strong Language-

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 09:52 AM

i bought a 01 impala at a place dealer 20 miles from me they were kinda nice up till i sign for the car and gave them the check and then it was who the f&%$ are you?? what the hell do you want ?? had a problem with a recall on it and they ran me around and around till i went to another dealer who in 30 minutes had it done and on my way!! then the last straw i go to the shop at this dealer and ask for the price on a rear wheel bearing for the impala as i am a mechanic and could fix it myself and they say OH those arent mass produced yet and are hard to find!!??? 480. bucks I freaked what the F&%$ its a 2001 car and its now 2004 and they dont mass produce a rear wheel bearing???? he tells me its a special order part from Timkin (manufacturer) so i go to autozone and guess what they have 10 of these super rare parts at 48 bucks each!! so i go back and tell the parts guy at the dealer and he says uuummmm welll i wasnt triing to gouge you or nuthin thats what are part costs!!?? duh!!! I wanted to call a GM corperate head and ask if they new of this dealerships practices but never did!! so I go to a different dealer and look at what is now my new HHR and they are pushin eachother down to help me out and have called several times to see how my car is and if i have any issuse with it ?? the best service i have ever had with a car deal!!!! So i dive my new HHR into the shi%y dealers and walk in and they are all lookin at my new orange HHR with the woody package and askin where i got it and i say I would have bought it here if you all werent such a bunch of ass%$#@s and that since 2004 I have told every person i talk to never to go to there dealership cause of the price gouging and the assinine way they treat people HAVE A NICE DAY BYE!!!! HA HA HA HA!!! they were yellin at me the whole way out of the lot in my car HA HA HA!!!
Old 05-14-2006, 04:02 PM

I sympathize with those of you who have had bad experiences with a dealer. There is no excuse for them to treat potential buyers in anything but a courteous and professional manner. I test drove my first HHR at a dealership that was within 10 miles of my home. Due to unacceptably slow service regarding the value of my trade in -- the salesman went on vacation and told me the sales manager would have to handle the trade-in and he was unable to give me a firm trade-in offer (on a conversion van) for five additional days -- I went to a dealer located 40 miles away (on a Saturday) where they located an HHR that met my specifications at a dealer 120 miles away and had it in my possession the following Tuesday. I actually called the original dealership and informed them that I purchased my HHR from another dealer and no one there even inquired as to why I purchased one from another dealer. In addition, the dealer I finally bought from installed running boards for $318 after I complained about the sandblasted rear fenders. I like to support my local merchants but there is a limit to how far I will go in order to do so.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:10 PM

I just don't understand how dealerships could allow what goes on. These days in the face of higher interest rates, higher gas prices, higher everything, you would think they would go a little further out of their way to satisfy a customer. Some day it's not gonna be the big 3, it'll be the big 1.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:35 PM

Wow man .... that was terrible service....They were great when we bought ours ....even bought us lunch LOL ....sorry to hear that im sure if they loose enough sales they will get there crap together.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:30 PM

As a chevy salesman, I always have to cringe when I hear stories like that. Plus I hate the fact that I can be lumped in with scum like that. They always say there are 3 things at the bottom of the ocean: sharks, lawyers, and car salesmen.

In the last 5 years I have bought or lease 5 different cars. And I have been selling cars for the last two. I have also had bad experiences. I try to use those as a "what not to do" for my customers.

The reality at car dealerships, is that alot of them are filled with staff that don't care. And the turn around employment is like a revolving door.

Another thing, some salesmen hate the HHR. I even see it at my dealership. They will always flip the customer to me, because they know i have such a passion for the vehicle. Even though I only get half of the commission, I treat HHR customers like gold. Because of that, I have sold more HHR's than any other single salesman at my dealership. (14)

Nothing I say will ever take back you bad experience. I only hope you find that the HHR was well worth the headache. You did the right thing and gave them a bad survey. The survey's do mean something. But from the way you described the staff, finance, and GM, they probabbly are accustomed to bad surveys.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by batman5273
Another thing, some salesmen hate the HHR. I even see it at my dealership.
Why?

Old 05-15-2006, 05:04 PM

Holy crap, what a lousy deal! I don't think I've ever been treated that badly at a dealership even back in the day when I couldn't get credit! I think I would have told them to stuff it even with the extra money for the trade in. Hopefully your next car deal will go much better.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by MikeX
Why?

No profit in it. They would rather sell a 35k car I'm sure!
Old 05-16-2006, 11:58 PM

I got my HHR here localy at the only dealership within 45 mins from me....I drove up..they had 8 of them on the lot and only 1 in the amethyst..which is the color i wanted.....As i was parking a salesman came to the car and ask how he could help..told him i wanted to check into the new HHR and was intrested in the amethyst one...he said ok be right back....he came back with the keys and said want to drive it..i said sure....he went and got the HHR...drove it over to us...told me to load the kids and wife up and take it for a spin....we took it out...loved it...decided we wanted to buy it....Went back in he had already worked up a trade in on our old 90 Chrysler New yorker..wopping 560 bucks lol.....he said its not much but this is what we can give you....we worked the deal...i ended up driving the HHR home and the wife drove the old car home...no money down, all sales tax taken care of, 18,200 on the final price.....everything went smoother than i thought....I even got no payments till july.....Since i told them i didnt really plan to purchase till then............I drove the car home..i have had it for 2 weeks now and love it....we sold the new yorker for 1500 lol....now i got cash for rims......And the PT crusier people around here look at the HHR then look at the ground quickly...or dont even look at me hahaha
Old 05-17-2006, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by batman5273
Even though I only get half of the commission, I treat HHR customers like gold. Because of that, I have sold more HHR's than any other single salesman at my dealership. (14)
If it were me, I think I'd remind my coworkers that half a commission is better than no commission.

Quick Reply: Worst sales experience EVER!-Strong Language-